Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VMU mini games

1. VMU mini games

One of the coolest things about the DC was the VMU. Two of the games that were released at launch, Sonic and Power Stone had mini games that you could download onto the VMU. I'm sure some of you tryed the Chao growing game for Sonic, but I wasn't going to buy a whole VMU just to do that. The Power Stone games were pretty fun, one was a slot game to get coins to unlock stuff in the main game, one was a ninja target game, and the other was a flying game in Falcon's plane. I remember bringing the VMU to school and playing it without hassle, it was so small it didn't attrack the teacher's attention. I also remember someone asking me if the VMU was the Dreamcast
    Anyways, were there any other decent games for the VMU? In fact, outside of Power Stone and Sonic Adventure, I can't think of any other VMU games.
    pwned by Ivan

2. I was gonna say Powerstone but you were already aware of it...Em...The zombie raising VMU game in Zombie Revenge was kinda fun. O_o

3. I tried the football one they offered on their site. It was pretty fun for being so simple
    To understand man, walk it shoe on other foots.

4. Skies of Arcadia had some mini games I think.
    And you could download this soul calibur one from sega.com

For the most part, any vmu games sucked badly.

And just about all the little gimmicks that the vmu did were useless.

There were some other cool things that came out for the vmu.

- Sega.com put out a VMU animator that allowed people to make little animations on your pc then transfer them to your vmu.

- http://dreamcast.planetweb.com/ has a ton of these animations and mini games on it.

- Then this dude made vmu chao editors for both Sonic Adventures that let you hack the chao files and make whatever chao you wanted, it worked really well.

http://www.deco.franken.de/myfiles/editor.html

5. Tech Romancer had a few fun ones.

6. I never played it but I heard good things about Zombie Fishing.

However, the best game I've played was a fan-made game. Tetris by Marcus.

One time it actually came in super handy. I had my VMU in my car, picked it up to see what time it was.

Long story short. Keys locked in the car and had to wait about an hour and a half for someone to bring me a set of spares. Don't know what I would have done without Tetris.

7. That Chao editor is boss, Regus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Perhaps www.dreamcasthistory.com should include a section on DC VMU games....

*hint, hint, Haoh!*

9. Skies had a great one IMO, it got me through many a Bowling PE.

10. Get a Pocketstation and Pocket Muu Muu instead