Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Manga!

1. IMO any samurai epic is a good starting point, ala Blade of the Immortal, Lone Wolf and Cub, or Samurai Deeper Kyo.
    Nausicaa is awesome too if you like Miyazaki (though it isn't his typical fair).

2. I would recommend against starting with Astroboy. While it is by my all time favorite manga author (Osamu Tezuka), he has done much, much better work. As a starting point for him, I reccomend these:
    Black Jack- It's about a docter named Black Jack who is the best surgeon in the world but doesn't have a liscence to practice. He lives alone on some island taking the cases of those willing to pay his exorbitant fees. Only the most desperate and most bizzare are willing to seek him out. This is one of the most original manga I have ever read.
    Pheonix: A Tale of the Furture- This is quite possibly the greatest graphic novel ever published. It a philosophical work in a 60's sci-fi setting. In its 250 pages, it covers more than other entire series, and does it at a leasurely pace.

3. Berserker is the shiznit. Naussica is the shiznit. Initial D is the shiznit (yes, it's the shiznit you damn haters). Slam Dunk is the shiznit. Love Hina is the shiznit. Lone Wolf and Cub is the ultimate shiznit. That is the list of shiznits off the top of my head.

4. Originally posted by Ginjuro
    Initial D is the shiznit (yes, it's the shiznit you damn haters).
    Sup stall.

5. You know it's your fault man.

6. bbobb, one of my buds just lent me the Battle Royale movie. I'm looking forward to watching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.