Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: The JM collection thread (Updated 7-28-04 New Stuff)

1. So it's Altas? I thought Atlas was a guy. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. nope, go look in the 4th pics thread & you will find the photo I used as a refrence (with her permission of course).

JM

3. Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    this is my first time in the galleria, so:
    excellent work, jm. i especially love stained glass and peasant.
    You should stare at the stained glass in person. I'm the lucky bastard that jm sold it to. It's a really, really, really awesome piece of work. I'm slowly but surely collecting quite a few of jm's work and appreciate how they make my homestead look. Thanks JM.

4. Well, I actually got off my ass & started painting again, so I have some new stuff to show.

These are much smaller pieces than I usually do. They are all around 11" X 5" or so. All are Acrylic on paper, & are part of a single piece. They will be mounted on a canvas or piece of wood, I'm not totally sure how I'm going to go about it at the moment.

JM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Family_Project_1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	10817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Family_Project_2.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	10818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family_project_3.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	10819  
    Last edited by JM; 28 Jul 2004 at 10:27 AM.

5. Great stuff, man.

Are these people really in your family? I like the one of the woman that you did on Doodlebug too.

6. The first one is my grandfather. All the photos are from an OLD (between 1933-36) photo album of my late Grandfather's. It's from before he met my grandmother. He was originaly from Chicago, so he didn't have any family down here.

We have no Idea who the people in the album are. They could be family, friends or old girl friends as far as I know. I have always wondered who they were, so I thought it would make for an interesting series of paintings.

JM