Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Contra

1. The 16 bit ones are easily the best. HC is,IMO, the greatest shooter ever. Shattered soldiers was cool, but it wasn't anywhere near as good as the 16 bit ones.

2. Excellent post. Contra never ceases to bring out the interest in me.

3. 3, Hard Corps, and SS are some of my favorite games of all time. 3, along with the Mario series got me hooked on gaming.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Originally posted by NeoZeedeater
    That Amstrad one looks nice. The only computer version I played was the C64 one and it was pretty good although not as good as the NES version.
    I'm in agreeance on the Amstrad version. I saw screens of the Amiga version once and they aren't too bad- unfortunately, I've heard this one was never released.

The C64 one looks like crap, but it actually plays pretty good.

5. This a Japanese Konami flyer that came which features Arc Hound as an upcoming game (scheluded for a November 91 release back then). The flyer came with the Famicom game, Crisis Force. Scan provided by Hotaka.

(I'm not inserting the image here, since I don't like being a scrolling bastard. Just click the addy.)
    http://www.kitanaka.net/~tiff/temp/archound.jpg

6. I'm bumping this thread for the hell of it.

A couple of Contra cameos:

Wai Wai World 2

Bill is one of the playable sub-characters in this sequel to Wai Wai World along with Upa (from Bokutte Upa), Simon Belmont, Fuuma (Getsufuu Maden) and Goemon. Can't find a decent screenshot with Bill in it, but here's the main character Rickle in the jungles of Galuga.

Snatcher

Bill and Lance are just two of the Konami characters to show up in the Outer Heaven bar scene in the US Sega CD version of Snatcher. The previous versions (PC88, MSX2, PC Engine) had sci-fi characters instead, while the PS1/Saturn port replaced Bill and Lance with Light and Pastel from Twin Bee.