Thread: DBZ Budokai 2

1. DBZ Budokai 2

I like DBZ for the most part, even with its peddling pacing and over the topness, the characters are fun and are superbly designed and the stories are cool to watch given the uncut DVD treatment.

I still want to pick up the first Budokai but I'm holding off till it goes down to 20 bucks. Its also being ported on the GC and X-Box I hear so I'll most likely get one of those versions. Anyway gamesarefun nabbed screens of Budokai 2 and it looks that much more closer to the cartoon look with its cel shading. It looks like it will pick up where Budokai 1 left off and continue until the Buu saga and maybe a bit more.

Its being developed by Japanese studio CyberConnect 2 who did Tail Concerto and .hack.

2. dbzonps2.com has everything you'd want to know, so does Gamespot.

They dropped the story aspect from this game, so no Buu Saga, but characters from it. There's supposed to be 35 characters I think, plus they talked about doing fusions that have never been done before (there's one on Budokai, I won't spoil it for ya Will).

I think the Cel Shading looks worse than Budokai 1, but that's just me.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

3. Ah cool I'll check it out there then. Suck about the story thing, that seemed to be the first one's selling point beside the combat which I hear isn't that good.

4. The combat was good but had it's flaws. Such as the inability to shoot a Kamehameha without starting a combo first. But! This one also adds the power struggles you see on tv, like the two fireballs and such. Plus, they are fixing the flying combat, as well.

Budokai 2 looks to make a good games from an ok start.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

5. Please don't suck.... I want a decent DBZ game so bad, and the first one on the PS2 was so bleh. If it at least played as good as Bloody Roar 3 or something I could have had fun, but what we got was just...sloppy. Here's hoping for the sequal...

6. No story mode kind of sucks, there is supposed to be destuctable backgrounds in this one... I haven't played the first so I don't know if they were in there too.

At least this time around they should have Gokou 3

7. Originally posted by Werewolf
    No story mode kind of sucks, there is supposed to be destuctable backgrounds in this one... I haven't played the first so I don't know if they were in there too.

At least this time around they should have Gokou 3
    Yeah, I think the only reason why they would dump the story is because while the Buu saga is rather long, its really all just one villain with multiple transformations so there wasn't anything else relevant after that unless they want to include something from the GT series.