Thread: Some of my work

Some of my work

Alright, I'm going to go ahead and join the bandwagon and submit some of my various work. I really wish that I had a scanner, as I can't stand the reflections that I get, especially of the one in this post.

This is a portrait of my older sister. Because of the akward angle that I took it at, the head looks larger than it should. The few areas that are really dark (values 8-10) are the ones that reflect. I wish I had a scanner, but to be truthful, I don't think I could scan it (unless I'm able to in parts).

In this, I use pencils ranging from 4H-4B. This picture is really bad... but the other ones I took made it look much too light.

A mix of dimensions:

This project contained three steps, designing a house, drawing a 2-point perspective view of it, and then creating a 3D model out of foam board.

Although slightly obscured by the model, you can see the floorplan on the bottom, and the two-point on the top. The model was definitely more difficult than it looks: It takes a while to get used to ("public school quality ) blades and such.

Well... here you go:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image007a.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	2103  

A mix of dimensions:

This project contained three steps, designing a house, drawing a 2-point perspective view of it, and then creating a 3D model out of foam board.

Although slightly obscured by the model, you can see the floorplan on the bottom, and the two-point on the top. The model was definitely more difficult than it looks: It takes a while to get used to ("public school quality ) blades and such.

Well... here you go:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale drawing1.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	419.3 KB 
ID:	2105  

3. Interesting pics.

4. That second project actually looks as though it would've been quite fun. Neat stuff

5. Ah, the buildings look fun. Good stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

Thanks for the comments guys!

The building was fun, but it took forever (8-10 hours at least for the model). There were a few moments where I did so many calculations for the size of each panel that I just had to stop and organize my thoughts for a few minutes.

7. That's why I don't do any 3D art =P
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

8. Hey there Tones, nice to see you around. Nice art too. I've drawn a house before (not 3D like the bottom part of your second sketch), and it was fun, but it was a designing nightmare. Keep at it, you're doing well my friend.

This thread is quite old, but oh well. There's no reason to start a new one.

Just thought that I'd add a sketch that I did for fun a month or so ago. This was my first sketch with colored pencils, so it's a little unrefined. I'm currently doing a self-portrait that looks kind of like me, so I guess I'll upload that as well whenever I get it finished.

So anyways,