Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "Iranian Protesters Remain Resolute"

1. Originally posted by Almaci
    Hey Stone, Al Queda arent terrorists, they are a US opposition group,sounds retarded doesnt it?
    Ah, yes, nuance strikes again. If only we lived in a world where there was no difference between good and evil, strikes against theocratic regimes and strikes against free countries, resistance against totalitarianism and terrorism, then perhaps you could equivocate between our treatment of Al'Qaeda and our seeming treatment of this NCRI - evidently I was wrong about this NCRI, as they do actually use terrorism, but what I'm saying is that supporting "opposition" and fighting against "terrorism" aren't mutually exclusive, as the two aren't dependent on each other.

Look:

Theocratic oppression, bad. Free capitalism, good. Supporting bad = bad. Supporting good = good.

2. Yeah, I know about the whole "Axis of Evil" thing. I just find the whole thing hilarious. The fact that you have to give a "name" to something..like Jean Claude Van Damme is the "Muscles from Brussles". Just stupid.

Stone, the "People's Mujahiddeen" is a terrorist group. Believe me, the last people that the US wants to take power in Iran is them. Actually Iranians hate them as much as they hate the Mullahs. They arn't that different actually. They have their own twisted views on how Islam has to be in gov't and such. They arn't super crazy like the mullas are, but they are just a different kind of crazy. Not good at all. The Iranian people don't even recognize them as a legitamit group. I hope the US doesn't sponsor them in anyway. That would be a HUGE mistake. I think for once, France did a good thing. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

3. Ah, really? I stand corrected - I guess I just thought it strange that France would be doing anything that the Iranian Foreign Ministry is praising, particularly now. Despite their terrorism, why now, from the French.

I'm not worried about Bush supporting any terrorist groups. Thanks for the information.

4. The problem with all these socalled "resistance groups" is that they are outside Iran. In order for any of them to have any acceptance, they need to originate from within Iran. The Iranian people are VERY skeptical about anyone coming from the outside and giving them a "helping hand". Can you blame them? They've been screwed 3 times before. I think they learned their lesson.

As to why the French did what they did...why do the French do anything that they do? Why build those god aweful ugly glass pyramids in front of the Louvre? Why do the like Jerry Lewis? Why do they eat snails?

5. Oh boy some people are still snared up on this.

Yes Iarq had WMD and YES they did use em, they used em in the 80s against the Kurds, after they did so the US government covered up for Saddam(hey he was a good friend of the US after all cause Rumsfeld said so)and blamed Iran.
    Yes they had WMD when they invaded Quwait before the first gulf war(wich they did with US consent, read the transcripts of April Glaspie´s chat with Saddam a week or so before Iraq invaded Quwait)and yes they tried to maintain them troughout most of the 90s.
    Their capabilities had however been seriously deminished troughout the 90s that was obvious and manny weapons inspectors said that what little they had left was mostly useless now unless they had undiscovered capibilities, and even then it would likely not amount to much.

Personaly im surprised that nothing has shown up yet becouse I expected that there would be something by now, no matter how little.
    Yet it looks more and more likely now that the embargoes and inspections have done their work trough the 90s.

So yeah he had the capabilities, that was at a time tough that he was allowed to have em and the US even covered up for him, and when he was no longer allowed it looks like the embargo and inspections did what they were supposed to.

So please stop refering to the 80s already and to the first half of the 90s becouse in the 80s he had em and we didnt care and in the 90s most of the capabilities were ended.

Dont turn this around and act like its fucking fact that he had em right up to Gulf War2 and that suddenly they decided to vanish into thin air.

6. Howdy, if anyone is interested...here is a great article about the recent events in Iran...seen through the eyes of the protesters themselves. My favorite line has to be:

"I despise Islam and the mullahs even though I am officially a Muslim now. I don't have the right to change my religion in Iran. I despise the regime and so do 90% of the Iranians."

Read Me

It's gonna happen folks....just the thought brings me chills. I hope the whole world rallies behind the Iranian people, they deserve to be happy for once.