Thread: 1-Up zine

1. 1-Up zine

http://1up-zine.com/

Has anyone read this?

It looks sort of interesting, as far as game zines go.

On a side note, whatever happened to The Sauce? I'm pretty sure this was the appropriate place to post this, if not I apologize. But hey -- it's videogame related!

2. It's decent.

One article in the last issue pissed me off by casually advocating piracy, but the zine as a whole was still a nice little read.

3. Heh.

The remaining issues and master copy are shoved away in my desk drawer, nearly forgotten. [Who could possibly forget The Sauce?]

The Sauce... Started the same year GameGO! launched and ended the following year. One issue. [Eerie.]

Number Two was in the works at the time when the entire Sauce project was halted, due to a lack of inspiration, mostly.

Staff members included myself, 2D4EVER, Sqoon, Rick, and Master. Special thanks to Bacon McShig for the lovely first issue cover. I handled the layout and distribution, as well.

Issue two took a while to even get started up, for whatever reason... months, really. When we did get started on it, it was like a last cause. It never really got anywhere. Not sure what happened... Interest kinda just died out.

The whole thing was really taxing. Compiling the magazine itself wasn't TOO bad... Gathering articles, making a layout... it took a while, though. Actually printing and copying issues was a real hassle, in addition. Sending them out and collecting payment was pretty rough, as well. Very tedious.

Maybe we were too ambitious... or just damned lazy. But it was decent fun while it lasted, and strangely enough... I might not mind doing a few articles for another issue...

Organization is key. That's where we were lacking, I think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sauce.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	2130  

4. The Sauce... Started the same year GameGO! launched and ended the following year. One issue. [Eerie.]
    Plus, the Sauce STOLE MY TWO DOLLARS for the second issue. Everyone stay tuned for the topic I'll make 2 years from now complaining about this.

5. If its a mag about games whats with the dude rubbing the wax.
    3DO Serial No. 033693019 "Serial number brothers!!!......" *high five*

6. I have a copy of this 'zine.

It's pretty good.

Not much else I can add.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Originally posted by rezo
    Plus, the Sauce STOLE MY TWO DOLLARS for the second issue. Everyone stay tuned for the topic I'll make 2 years from now complaining about this.
    PM!

8. Like I said in the PM, no worries, its just two dollars.

looks around

1-UP zine: I thought this was referring to ECMs 1-up comics or something initially.

9. I didn't ask for a refund either. Not that that makes me noble, or anything. =P