Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3DO Interactive Multiplayer

The 3DO Interactive Multiplayer

The 3DO is one of the very, very few systems I have never owned. I had a good friend in high school who had one, so I had some exposure to Madden, FIFA, Road Rash, Return Fire, SSFII:T, etc., but I would like to know more about the system.

• Which is the best version of the 3DO (Panasonic FZ-1, Panasonic FZ-10, or GoldStar) and why?
    • What are the must-have games? For things less obvious than FIFA, perhaps give a quick blurb on what type of game each one is.
    • Are there any online retailers that still carry 3DO items?

Thanks for the help, guys.

2. Panasonic FZ-10 was the best system and the one I own, this is due to the internal memory/saving function me thinks as I havent played with it in ages.

Im not a huge fan of the system so its hard to say what games are good but I will say that I enjoyed Daedalus Encounter (sp?) only because Tia Carerra is in it and looking hot as always.

Games for it are cheap on Ebay otherwise im not sure who has a wide selection or steady stock online.

3. if its something you care about the fz-1 (front loader) is a lot easier when it comes to what "media" you stick in it if you know what i mean. ive had mine since it came out and has never failed me once.

4. PIR8!!!11

5. oh bitch...no you didnt

6. yes i did...

7. I don't know which version of the system is better, but here are some games I really enjoy:

Star Fighter
    Return Fire (along with the expansion disc)
    Lucienne's Quest (good luck finding that!)
    Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    Panzer General
    Road Rash <- Reason why I bought 3DO
    Need For Speed <- Still the best version IMHO
    Star Control 2
    Space Hulk
    Foes of Ali

8. Quite frankly the 3do was and is complete trash....

9. kof's recommended a lot of good ones. basically you have to go in knowing that you WILL see campy cheese movies and a lot of the games havent aged well. but theres some fun to be found...except by jmet the bitch

btw, besides the pc versions the 3do is home to the BEST night trap/sewer shark conversions.

Originally posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    the 3do is home to the BEST night trap/sewer shark conversions.
    What... thats supposed to be a selling point?

P.S. Someone please buy my 3D0 games. They're stinking up my house.