Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamah HTR-5560 6.1 Reciever for sale

1. Polk or Infinity

A lot of what people dislike about Bose is the arrogance of their users. Many (not including you, Haoh) seem to think that Bose is the best of the best.

Jim Bob Bose User: "Dude, what speakers do you have?"
    Some guy: "I just picked up some Sonus faber Extremas (which retail for about $10k).
    Jim Bob: "Pshh, you should've gone Bose. They're the best speakers made."

Although I'm bordering on hypocracy by showing how I think I know more than the Bose user (who thinks he knows more than the non-Bose user), but I can't think of a better way to explain it.

As I've said many times too many in the past, I'm using a home-built subwoofer using an Adire Audio Shiva driver, Parts-Express 250w amplifier, and MDF, as well as Home Theater Direct Level III's for my mains (and crappy Sony speakers for center and surround). I picked up the reciever (Pioneer VSX-D811S) from the shop last Friday and everything is working great!

For those thinking about the reciever: I'm reading some impressions on the reciever Amerlop has for sale, and so far it sounds like it's a solid model without many complaints. This is a pretty good price, also.

Edit: Fixed wording slightly to make more sense

3. Yeah, Tones, agreed. I don't know of Bose braggarts, but I'm sure they're around.

And on the Yamaha, hell, yes. Yamaha makes excellent receivers for the money.

4. best speakers under $1000 for the pair IMO:
    Pinnacle Black Diamond 1000

Polk and Infiniti are only good when you get to their higher end series (LSi's from Polk, for example). Otherwise they are very underwhelming.

For home theatre, there are Rockets, NHT's, Boston Acoustics, Mirage, B+W all of which are vastly superior and comparable in price.

And by the way, anyone who says that there are good sub-1,000 home theatre speaker simply have no idea what good audio is all about (in my opinion anyway)

6. Originally posted by amerlop
    And by the way, anyone who says that there are good sub-1,000 home theatre speaker simply have no idea what good audio is all about (in my opinion anyway)
    not everyone i willing to spend that kind of money. I was simply stated that if anybody is interested in a good pair of affordable speakers. the the black diamonds are a good buy for the money.

now pardon me while i go count my pennies to buy a pair of speakercraft rouges