Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yamah HTR-5560 6.1 Reciever for sale

Yamah HTR-5560 6.1 Reciever for sale

I am selling a Yamaha HTR-5560 Home Theater Reciever. It does Dolby Digital, DTS, as well as Dolby Digital EX and DTS/ES Matrix (For those Lord of the Rings, Gladitor, End of Eva 6.1 Soundtracks.) It is pretty hefty and sturdy. It was 4 optical and 1 digital coaxil input and a mess of analog inpputs, so you should be able to hook up (and video switch all your systems). Comes with remote and instructions and all that good stuff. If you have any specific questions email me at adam.lopiano@quinnipiac.edu or pm me.

I am asking for 250.00 for a reciever that listed for well over 500.00 bucks. I will accept other offers as well

I'm also selling a pair of Yamaha Tower Speakers and a JVC 7-disc Progressive Scan DVD player. Email or pm if interested.

2. Wow, $250 is an awesome price!! I would urge any beginner audio-philes to take a look at this. For $250, you're getting a LOT of features, some amazing power and the tried and true Yamaha sound, which is among the crispest in the mid-level receiver category.

I have the receiver just below yours (it doesn't have 6.1), but I'm very happy with it. I also have a pair of Yamaha tower speakers, but I'm not too happy about those. The Yamaha sub-woofer I have makes the difference, but I need a pair of towers in which a sub-woofer is not necessary.

Which do you have?

3. Bose - they are expensive but absolutely worth it.

Originally posted by Kidnemo
    The problem with Bose
    That's a very interesting read. Thanks for the link, cephalopod.

5. Realizing that Bose = not worth it is like Rule 1 of investing in a home theater.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

6. Article One: "This article mainly covers the Bose Lifestyle and Acoustimass products, not the main speakers they sell. Some of their products are actually good, but the Acoustimass and Lifestyle systems just plain suck."

I didn't say either Acoustimass or Lifestyle in my statement.

Link Two - big fucking whoop. Type in "Why Fords suck" or, more appropriately "Why Yamaha's suck" and you'll get just as many links. And I have a Yamaha receiver and think they are just fine.

Bose sells lots of speakers, some people like them, some people don't. I've had 5 + 1 Bose's for quite a while, have listened to over a thousand DVD's and LD's on them and certainly feel qualified to state that they are good speakers and worked fine for me. If you've got a pole up your ass about Bose and their stuff, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion.

Originally posted by burgundy
    Realizing that Bose = not worth it is like Rule 1 of investing in a home theater.
    Coming from a Home Theatre expert like you, that's really saying something.

Bose isn't among the best but it's better than a lot. You could say the same thing about Audi's - to some it's a great import car, but it's not a Lamborghini.

Still, it's all a matter of taste in the end. Listen to various speaker sets and make a decision.

7. Hey, if you like them, great.

But I've read more than enough articles about all the problems and "why bose sucks" (hence the general link to google), that I'll go out of my way to bring up more info about them.

And I just posted some dissenting information about Bose, you don't have to get all huffy...perhaps you should get the pole out of your ass?

Originally posted by haohmaru
    Still, it's all a matter of taste in the end. Listen to various speaker sets and make a decision.
    That's very true.

And I think if somebody was thinking about buying a Bose setup, they should take the time to read as much as they can, not to mention listen to a Bose system, and a system of comparable price and make their own conclusions.

8. I didn't say Bose sucks. I just said that they're not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Originally posted by Kidnemo
    Hey, if you like them, great.

But I've read more than enough articles about all the problems and "why bose sucks" (hence the general link to google), that I'll go out of my way to bring up more info about them.

And I just posted some dissenting information about Bose, you don't have to get all huffy...perhaps you should get the pole out of your ass?

That's very true.

And I think if somebody was thinking about buying a Bose setup, they should take the time to read as much as they can, not to mention listen to a Bose system, and a system of comparable price and make their own conclusions.
    No pole here, just addressing your link which stated "The Problem with Bose", when it was, in fact, adressing an issue (not "problem") with respect to *two* particular brands in their product line. Further, the article states in numerous places that while those two systems don't produce sound as realistically as other speaker sets, they are designed to SOUND BETTER to human beings. Bose doesn't hide the fact that they use their own propreitary technology to decode sounds - it's clearly stated on their products. Your link and his article make it seem as though Bose is out to deceive their customers, and I think that's unfair.

Again, it's up to the listener to determine what sounds good. Opinions about speakers are like opinions about video games - there are many out there and no one will agree about everything regarding either.