Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interstella 5555

1. Interstella 5555

From AICN:
    Daft Punk Animated
    From Anime News Service Reuters News courtesy Billboard Magazine's James Martin has scored some new details from Cannes on the Daft Punk / Leiji Matsumoto collaboration "Interstella 5555: The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem."

Each "movement" of this silent film is accompanied by a track from the duo's 2001 Virgin album, "Discovery." "The project was born in 2000, when we flew out to Tokyo with an hour of music and our own script," Bangalter says. "Leiji gave us a warm reception, and after listening to the music, he came on board immediately. Three years later, our dream has come true."

Previewed at this year's Cannes Film Festival, "Interstella 5555" was released in 30 French theaters May 28 and has secured cinema distribution in Japan, Russia, Portugal, and the Baltic states. EMI plans to release a DVD of the film in December.
    Way I read that, this is the finished version of the story begun in those four videos they put out back when Discovery was released. Can't wait to see it, and see what they did with some of the later tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Cool. So they finished it. I would definitely like to see how those videos will turn out put together with others as well as how this one will end.
    Taking it one day at a time.

3. 'Discovery' is one of my favorite albums, so this should be a real treat

4. Woohoo! Ever since I seen all four of the videos, I've hoped the whole album would get the Matsumoto treatment. This is awesome. You can find a small trailer here-
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=15387

I want to see Harlock dance!
    pwned by Ivan

5. Direct, right-click-save-as-able link to trailer

Confirmation that it is what I thought, via AICN:
    Interstella 5555 was shown at the director's fortnight. It says it's directed by Takerushi Kazuhisa and Daisuke Nishio. It's a japonese cartoon telling the story of four musicians from another galaxy kidnapped by a greedy Earth manager and it's 67 minutes long.

That's what they say, what I say is that it's the amazing collaboration of the french group Daft Punk with Leiji Matsumoto (Galaxy Express 999, Captain Harlock). Remember the video clips of "One more time" , "Digital Love", "Harder,Better, Faster, Stronger" from Daft Punk's Discovery album?

Well, the whole album (14 great songs) has been "illustrated" in the same vein! It's an animated musical! And it's the best thing ever! I'm bias because it puts together an album I totally love and the animation of my youth (the guys from Daft Punk are from my generation and we used to see Mazinger and Captain Harlock as kids on TV).

Just go see it!
    Somebody better damn well localize this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Originally posted by LordPerrin
    Direct, right-click-save-as-able link to trailer
    I want it I want it I want it.

7. The movie is now showing in Japan theathers in limited release. Its supposed to be 14 videos all combined to tell a story about a band getting kidnapped by their evil manager...then becoming stars.

8. :0

I've been following the release of these videos ever since they came out. I'm glad they finally finished the videos up and I hope to see that DVD soon!
    -Myk

9. Awesome... just Awesome!

http://www.interstella5555.com/