Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matsushita Develops New Console..(I smell WINNER...^_~)

1. Matsushita Develops New Console..(I smell WINNER...^_~)

Xengamers.com, just updated with the latest news regarding Matsushita new set-up box dubbed the "ep_station." With the creation of Matsushita latest console, one can only dream of a sequel to Way of the Warrior...

I quoted the article below
    ------------------------------
    Matsushita, one of Japan's largest electronics firms, is reportedly working on a new set-top box dubbed 'Ep Station.' When finished, the system will be sold by 'Ep Corporation,' and will offer a variety of features including video recording over satellite broadband, access to video and audio broadcasting, online gaming, email and banking. Reoirtedly, the system will utilize Seagate's Barracuda ATA IV hard drive as one of its key components. "Ep Station presents a brand new consumer solution platform and digital experience to general consumers," said Mr. Aoki, Staff Engineer of Matsushita. "The low acoustics, high performance and reliability of Barracuda ATA IV, coupled with strong technical support from Seagate's CE team, have helped us adopt the right storage technology for our set-top box."
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

2. BANKING?! Sign me up!

I love Matsushita...I hope this does a bit better than their last go-round, eh? But they'll have to work for my dollar...I'm not to keen on the whole set-top box idea pushing in on gaming teritory.
    Throw fireballs at him...
    Laugh at his moustache...
    http://images.nintendo.com/nintendo/...o_gcn_game.jpg
    But do not mess with his vacation.

3. I've talked to a guy who's wife works at AT&T broadband. He said that Microsoft was planning on buying out AT&T broadband, with hopes of making the same kind of use from the X-Box.

I did'nt really think much of his story, until I read a magazine with an article on Broadband gaming. They too talked about Microsoft's plans regarding Broadband, and the X-Box being used in the same regards. I don't know if I'm that hyped on the plan.

4. Sorry this to funny... Microsoft buy At&t broadband.. No way in hell does MS have the money to do this. At&T has a freaking monopopy still on the phone business, and they keep on buying cable dsitrubtirs left and right to grow their new broadband monopoly.. Att&t would never seel especially for a video game server...

5. Originally posted by maruchan
    Sorry this to funny... Microsoft buy At&t broadband.. No way in hell does MS have the money to do this. At&T has a freaking monopopy still on the phone business, and they keep on buying cable dsitrubtirs left and right to grow their new broadband monopoly.. Att&t would never seel especially for a video game server...

AT&T broadband is'nt exactly a big money winner for AT&T. The stock value of AT&T broadband is not that grand. This is but a small portion of AT&T, and ran as a seperate company from AT&T corporate. A good portion of AT&T broadband, was from buying out Time Warner Cable.

The whole idea of Microsoft buying up Broadband suppliers, is to make an environment, where you can purchase games via Broadband, and also movies and such. Also the unit can be used as a TIVO style device, with the hard-drive. This is just an article I read several months ago. I'm not sure of publication though. I just happened to read the headline on the magazine, and decided to read it, not purchasing the magazine.

6. I'm DEFINITELY interested. The pessimist in me smells closed concept Invidia, though. But still, a viable high-end set-top that's not pretending to be something else sounds to good to pass up...if this turns out, I'm in.
    -Kyo

7. I may get laughed out of the building for this, but maybe I was just innocently misinformed....

Isn't Matsushita the parent company of Sony? The more I think about the question, the more I'm thinking 'no', but I'm almost positive they're the parents of Hitachi, Samsung, Sanyo, and Sharp, among others.....

Any corrections?
    ~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

8. Matsushita = Panasonic. Samsung's Korean. Sony's independant, as is Sharp (I believe). Couldn't tell you about Hitachi off the top of my head.
    -Kyo

9. That sure as hell sounds better to me.

Reclined corrected,
    ~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

10. I remember back in the 3DO days, they talked about Matsushita, and the purchase of the Bulldog upgrade from 3DO. They went on to say that Matsushita was the largest electronics manufacturer in the world.