Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matsushita Develops New Console..(I smell WINNER...^_~)

1. Originally posted by maruchan
    Matsuhita dosent just build electronic devices.. They build shity Bikes.. yes bicyles.. the ones you ride...

Yeah, but they also own a mojority of asian electronic manufacturing companies like Panasonic. Back when they bought the M2 from 3DO, several magazines and websites stated that Matsushita was a bigger company than Sony.

several magazines and websites stated that Matsushita was a bigger company than Sony.
    I'm quite sure they are.

3. Originally posted by piku

I'm quite sure they are.
    I am not sure if they are bigger but I am sure that Matsushita is a HUGE company.

4. Originally posted by Quinn Fox
    All electronics companies should know by now that anything which is not a gaming machine, pure and simple, will fail if it's marketed as such. Almost every 'hybrid' system of sorts has fallen apart in the market.
    Sony calls the PS2 a "computer entertainment system" and it has a DVD player, not too mention internet adapter and a hard drive is planned. PS2 has been pretty darn successful.. Xbox is also something of a hybrid, with it's DVD playing feature and who knows what other plans Microsoft has for the system and it's hard drive....

I personally prefer to have consoles be gaming consoles only... but I don't think this trend is going to stop any time soon. I am sure PS3 and Xbox 2 are going to be more similar to this Ep Station than they will be to Gamecube.

These companies are going to push these extra features until they stick. It's all about controling your portal to information, and other nonsense like that.

Anyway, I'd rather own something made by Matsushita than something made by Sony or MS any day, so I hope this system turns out really well. I'll be rooting for it, that's for sure.

I am not sure if they are bigger but I am sure that Matsushita is a HUGE company.
    Well I am certain Matsushita's electronics division is larger than Sony's. However, its all the extra crap that Sony has like movies and music may push it over Matsushita. But in Japan they are larger than Sony.

6. I work for at&t broadband and we were bought by comcast, end of story.