Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Narcotic of Lodoss War

1. I found that crazy critical hammer, too. Nice weapon, but sorta useless towards the end, although I understand the last boss has pitiful critical defense....999% critical, lol. Add to that the ancient that doubles your critical rate...ouch, that's just ridiculous! ^_^

~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

2. Oh well...I still gotta beat Narse or I won't feel like a man.

I have no idea whether or not the lightning dagger is effective against golems, since it's pretty worthless against everything else. Golem Buster is the way to go against them. Once you get it maxed you'll be hacking through them like Goblins. I got that hammer too, but it didn't help that much, since it's only the percentage that's high, not the multiplier (as with the oriental sword), so you don't really end up doing that much damage.

I've been sticking with the Dragon Sword, since the Miley's Sheild ancient makes you a tank, and I really need all the extra fire defence I can get.
    -Kyo

3. Done! Took out Narse - after maxing Dragon, Wing, Horn and Scale Busters he was a piece of cake (I was hitting demons for 10 million damage) - beat him in ten hits, with the Dragon Sword no less. After him, Kardice/Neela were no sweat - I didn't even remember to bring the book of transformation, so I did it without the benefit of those crazy oriental sword criticals. Dragon Sword once again.

Cool ending, and that music during the credits was incredible - I wish the rest of the game was orchestral like that. Finished the Wort subquest after that - all I can say is that I'm glad I still had a potion of immortality for those medusas, and that Magician Buster ancient really came in handy! Never did fill all those display cases or max every ancient, though.

Final stats:

54 hours. Level 100. All NPCs still alive. Both Dragons defeated. 90 ancients maxed. Helm +254, Shield +294, Sword +874, Armor +698.

It's been fun, but unless there's more to it that I don't know about, it's time for a new game. Good night now.

A mighty spell
    A mighty spell
    A mighty spell
    A mighty spell...
    -Kyo

4. both dragons??
    there's another one!

which two did you fight??

there is narse
    the dragon from the 30 medialion quest and the black dragon
    http://www.bioweapons.com/images/GN3Guyvers.jpg

Most OVERRATED videogame of ALL Time

-GTA3

"Well, I have lots of impressions about the PS2 (smiles)...if you turn off that recorder I'll tell you some things (laughter)"
    -AM2's Yu Suzuki

5. I fought Narse and the Green Dragon from the medallion quests - how do you get the black dragon? I've been all over the cold caves and can't find any bosses other than a blue mithril golem.
    -Kyo

6. Crap, I'm still trying to finish the medallion quests, but I can't even damage some of the tougher bosses. Anyybody know where can I find a better weapon? Thus far the oriental sword is proving useless.

Or do I just need to max out some more ancients?

7. I think you fight the black dragon if you grab all the dragon armor and return to that place where the black dragon was sleeping.

8. For clarity purposes, I'd like to point out to anyone who might be confused that there are only two dragons. The BLACK Dragon is Narse, the guardian (although what's up with 30 differnet rooms? They should have just generated one after the other and saved a lot of time...anyway.)

The GREEN dragon is that which you fight if you give Marela all 30 medallions.

Kyo, good stats. Amazing about those busters, no? With wing, scale, horn, demon, weapon, and dragon combined, some enemies (the demon minotaurs) and even the dragons were simply too weak to handle me. The busters and prevent don't fuck around one bit. However, I took out both dragons with the Haruking Sword. I just kept a good eye on his mouth to know when to run from the fire, and when he finished, I walked in for a "slice, cut, slice". Took about 10 minutes for Narse, but the Green Dragon took me longer. Only elemental I needed to work more on was the elemental buster.

Now I can finally go and beat the game. I don't have it on right now so I can't write down the final stats, but it's safe to say I'm one baaaad muhfuckah.

"Ohhh, Dear..."
    ~Quinn
    Can't live without the classics...
    Original and Remixed Game Music

9. The first one's free.

Ok, so I finally got it. It gave me a warm tingly feeling. Dunno why, but it gave me the same feeling I got back int he day when I got a new RPG. Im really liking it so far, even though Im only a short bit into it. I cant wait. All Ive been doing this morning so far is thinking about going home to play.

Z-roe
    A is for action

10. I REALLY wish they would've made a strategy guide for this game, because the sheer number of items and locations really make it hard to grab everything. It just would've been nice to have an actual map to glance at.

I mean, they made a strategy guide for freakin' Centipede on the PSOne, but not for this! Whassup wit dat?