Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate 'DC' Import Shooter

1. Ultimate 'DC' Import Shooter

Import only - No Mars Matrix or other domestically released greats – because I already have all those.

Now, I’m getting Zero Gunner 2 later this month, pre-bought Ikaruga <-(please be true) too, and was wondering if there was something I overlook import wise for my Dreamcast shooter collection?

Fire away guys~
    Dreaming in Infrared®

2. Sorry guy, the only other DC import shooter is Twinkle Star Sprites, a fun mix of shooter and puzzle gaming. Really hoping Ikaruga will be that 4th must own DC import shooter (REZ included nat). *-neo

3. I remember someone taking about Macross M3 in a shooter thread a while back, but I think it was said Macross M3 fell into the 3D shooter realm.

Does Macross M3 have any teeth?
    Dreaming in Infrared®

4. Does Macross M3 have any teeth? [/B][/QUOTE]

The game frigin' bites if that's what you meen
    It's not the worst macross game, but that aint sayin' much.

Most of the DC shooters came out in the US thanks to Capcom. Twinkle Star Sprites, REZ, and Zero Gunner 2 are about it. ZG 2 is a damn fime game IMO. I love that shooter. Mars Matrix is the best on DC, But Zero Gunner 2 is my fav.
    SEGA-Capcom-SNK
    "The blessed trinity"

Giga Wing 2 is a different game with Japanese voices.
    If you're into that, try finding a way to get it cheaply.

My friend got Macross M3 the day it came out, just like he did VFX1 and 2... played the hell out of it for... one day? two? and that was it. Don't bother.

6. Originally posted by Game Rogue
    I remember someone taking about Macross M3 in a shooter thread a while back, but I think it was said Macross M3 fell into the 3D shooter realm.

GameGo described its genre as "soul crushing". I think that's a big hint.
    -Kyo

7. You want a good Macross game?

1. Get yourself Macross Scrambled Valkyrie for Super Famicom.
    2. Get yourself Macross 2036 or Eternal Love Song for PC Engine.
    3. Hope and pray Robotech: Battlecry ends up being as good as it looks, and if it isn't, join me in firebombing TDK's offices :jest:
    omg TNL epics!

8. Ultimate 'DC' Import Shooter
    Well it sure as hell isn't Rainbow Cotton.

9. Originally posted by cigsthecat

Well it sure as hell isn't Rainbow Cotton.
    Ah, there's a basket full of uncontrolable beauty. Skip it unless it's $5. And even then, question your motives.
    - Kabuki

10. Rainbow Cotton sucks? Twinkle Star Sprites is marginal? Macross M3 is a dog! So other than Zero Gunner 2 and Treasure’s Ikaruga I shouldn’t be considering the rest that were left in the Land of the Raising Sun?

Damn – I would have thought there would have been a plethora of Dreamcast shooters.

Thx for the replies
    Dreaming in Infrared®