Thread: XB Live tag/location length problem

1. XB Live tag/location length problem

I'm running Safari on OS X and there are two minor problems I am experiencing on this board. For people with long XBOX Live tags it just keeps going and is annoying. There should be a way to turn off these tags esp. if you don't even have an XBOX. Second is a problem with long locations aka 88mph. His location shows up as one lonngg sentence about two monitor lengths rise and this messes up the formatting of all the posts on the page. Is there anyway I can turn off xblive tags or location? Or is there a way you can format the text to be a max width?

2. Not currently, no... The only way we could do that is by abolishing the location and XBL references from the style templates.

3. ok well i was just wondering. i just decided to ignore 88mph *no offense* since he was the one who caused all the problems.

4. Well, regarding the XBOX LIVE tag issue, in vBulletin 3.0 you can search the memberlist by a specific profile field, so we can just leave those out of the thread templates and have people search for them via that. As for location, I think it will have a fixed size so people can't write 10 or 12 lines of wrapping text in the form.

In my browser, the location doesn't change the width at all.

However, if it causes my to be on one more ignore list, thats ok.

6. Originally posted by 88mph
    In my browser, the location doesn't change the width at all.

However, if it causes my to be on one more ignore list, thats ok.

That's the thing though, not everyone uses your browser (which is IE I'm assuming, since it doesn't warp the table on mine either.) In Konqueror on KDE, post tables are all messed up and not a set width because of the way the browser handles html.

7. Re: XB Live tag/location length problem

Originally posted by Takumi
    I'm running Safari
    Theres your problem.

Try using a browser that is actually up to some sort of standard
    Play Guitar Hero //

P.S. I changed my location... wanna snuggle?