Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone buy the new Harry Potter book today?

1. Originally posted by station82o and I finally just got overwhelmed to the point where I grabbed my bottle of water, walked into the back room and sat down on a couple of boxes and drank in solitude for five awesome minutes... that was the only good part of the night.
    I feel your pain. That's exactly what I do when shit gets to the boiling point (I usually light a cig back there). Happens often at my work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

2. I didn't really need the store clerks to hold my hand or anything, a little sign on the front counter saying "sorry, out of stock" was all that's necessary. I was just annoyed at the whole waste of time, which for me is one of the biggest ways to annoy me, period.

So instead of getting it at a locally-owned bookstore, or even a bookstore at all, I got it at a faceless conglomerate for less money. Oh well, I tried...

James

3. I saw some stuff on the news about the massive lines of people waiting to get their hands on the book, and I knew for a fact that at like 7 A.M. you could walk into any Wal-Mart or Target and get 8 copies if you wanted. And sure enough you could. I was at Wal-Mart this after noon and they have a HUGE stack of them for sale. I did not buy one of course because I could care less about Harry and his magic.

And the whole dressing up as a Wizard for the line wait makes no sense. Its not like anyone in the line is waiting so they can go get a copy of a 5 year old Tom Clancy novel really late at night. Everyone knows you are in line for Potter, you just look like more of a moron.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

4. Now if only Tom Clancy fans would dress up like Sam Fisher, then we'd have some interesting lines.

James

5. Originally posted by 88mph
    That is honestly one of the funniest things I have ever read.
    Walk outside more.

6. I haven't been able to get a copy yet because I just took a two-day trip down to Austin to go to Schlitterbahn and tubing down the Guadalupe but this girl I know grabbed a copy and she said I could read it after she finished which should only take a couple days.

But for all the people bitching about the book being childish and whatnot and why would someone wait in a line for hours its most likely because the books are very good and do something most books don't, they absorb you into the story, making you want to read on to find out what happens next. I'd rather wait in line for any good book then wait in line for a movie, books are just so much more open to the mind...in the sense that you can imagine in your head what's going on, unlike a movie which has the the director's imagination in mind and acting limitations.

7. Originally posted by 88mph
    Golly gee... I must have forgot to pick it up at the school bookstore.

Maybe I can get my mom to drive me to Boarders after T-Ball practice today.
    OMG So funny!! I love you.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
    OMG So funny!! I love you.
    Get a hobby. Your obsession with 88 is kinda creepy.
    I took all your French Toast.

9. hahaha, great avatar Aurora

10. Originally posted by Aurora
    Get a hobby. Your obsession with 88 is kinda creepy.
    Can't pick on the bully for one night? You duders are no fun.