Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zelda Ocarina of Time Director's Cut on Gamecube!

1. Zelda Ocarina of Time Director's Cut on Gamecube!

GC) New Zelda Director's Cut for Gamecube! 22-4-02 10:13

Ocarina of Time to be remade for Gamecube, complete with new dungeons, the unreleased 64DD Ura Zelda expansion, bonus features and more
    Sounds too good to be true, but Dutch website gamers.nl has translated the latest issue of Dengeki magazine (which we haven't seen in the Games Radar office yet) and found an announcement regarding a special edition dirrector's cut of the superb action RPG.

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto stated a couple of years ago that something he would like to do on Gamecube would be farm out special editions of previous titles, including N64 games, to young, up-and-coming producers, in order to train them to make future big hits.

Anyway, assuming it's all true, here's what the special edition package will contain:

Disc 1

Zelda Director's Cut
    Ura Zelda previously unreleased dungeons
    Option for Classic overworld or N64 theme
    Option for enhanced graphics or original graphics

Disc 2

Making of movie

Disc 3

Music CD
    Limited edition includes cloth map of Hyrule, pocket watch, art book and one of three character figures.
    And here's the link to the story: http://www.gamesradar.com/news/game_news_3081.html

Now all's I gots ta say 'bout this is:
    omg TNL epics!

2. But will it come to the USA, special edition packages hardly come our way

3. ...I don't know what to believe anymore. Until I see it at E3, I will be silently hopeful.

Miyamoto-san really needs to put out this remake/rerelease to alleive some of the jitters many of us have from seeing Celda. That way, if Celda isn't the cup O tea we were hoping for in terms of design, we will at least have GC OOT.

4. How about instead of sending us a special edition of Zelda: OOT, they do something productive, like forget the stupid cel-shaded freak and make a game that doesn't look like the work of a kindergarten class.

SC

Wasn't this thread just posted a few days ago, and the news shown to be false?

6. Originally posted by piku
    Wasn't this thread just posted a few days ago, and the news shown to be false?
    That's the logic I was working from too...
    Boo, Hiss.

7. How about you people quit the cell shaded crap cause it doesnt look cel shaded.

It looks like a real cartoon with Majoras masks 3-D perspective.

I guess you guys don't like 2-D animation and LOVE THE PIXAR CRAP! Seems so since all new disney movies are Pixar.
    "If you aren't a bit depressed, then you aren't paying attention to what's going on in the world - Get busy living or get busy dieing."

8. Originally posted by supermario
    How about you people quit the cell shaded crap cause it doesnt look cel shaded.

It looks like a real cartoon with Majoras masks 3-D perspective.

I guess you guys don't like 2-D animation and LOVE THE PIXAR CRAP! Seems so since all new disney movies are Pixar.
    *switches to Hogan voice*

Tell 'em brother...
    Watcha gonna do, when shrinky dink link run wild on you...
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

9. Yes, it was proved as false rumor. It's a vicious cycle...
    There was rumor about another Zelda game (originated by Japanese rumor/news site Quiter), IGN reported it as being an official announcement, false info began spreading all over the 'net.
    The 3-disc content of that package was the creation of a crafty(?) poster at Gaming-Age forum, which was taken (without credit) and posted as official info at Computer & Video Games...

In other words, it is FAKE!

If you have a spare minute head over and check out theGA thread that started this whole mess...

(although a part of me is still clinging on to the hope that Nintendo would make a surprising announcement at E3 about it...)

10. Originally posted by Mr_B

*switches to Hogan voice*

Tell 'em brother...
    Watcha gonna do, when shrinky dink link run wild on you...
    What the hell are you talking about?

How about you prove my opinon wrong instead of spouting out wrestling garbage.
    "If you aren't a bit depressed, then you aren't paying attention to what's going on in the world - Get busy living or get busy dieing."