Thread: Your thoughts on Realbout Highschool

1. Your thoughts on Realbout Highschool

Yesterday I went to Best Buy in search of a new anime to pick up (actualy, I was planning on getting Escaflowne the movie but they didn't have it)when I spotted Realbout Highscholl. I had heards it mentioned before but couldn't remember if it was held in high regards or not. I noticed that it also came with the first volume of manga and was only $19 so I thought why not, plus the cover had a real hot picture of Ryoko. After completeing the first DVD, I have to say the series so far is good, not the best, but entertaining. I eventualy plan on picking up the rest of the DVDs but there are some others I need to pick up first. What does everyone else think of the show, and how would you compare it to other fighting shows?

2. The best thing about this series is the parody of Iron Chef, which is in the second volume.

The whole Solvania deal doesn't really come into play until the final volume, and everything is not only rushed but poorly resolved.

You'd get more satisfaction out of the SF2 or Fatal Fury movie instead.

3. I know its not the best out there, but it's not like its the worst. I plan to finish of the series. In facet, it's a bit of a change for me anyways. Most anime I have are serious fantasies, so a part action part comedy in present day is a welcomed change.

4. it's a decent, average title. starts off fairly strong, but ends up going down the drain as the series starts to end. and besides the whole sylvania deal, the other flaw of the series is that it's mostly filler.

worth checking out in my opinion, it's just that it could have gone on an extra 13 eps.

5. Now that the "nice" people have spoken, here's the truth...

RBHS is completely fucking worthless unless you want to look at the pretty pictures. There's no other redeeming value to this turd.