Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Acclaim drops GameCube support

1. Acclaim drops GameCube support

Acclaim has no plans to publish more games on the GameCube after their current announced projects, citing the system to be an unprofitable business venture.

Said Acclaim CEO Rod Cousens: "Why are we to develop games for platforms that do not supply appropriate yields? We still support PS2 and Xbox, but Nintendo? No, not in the foreseeable future. "

Acclaim's GameCube support will end once Legends Of Wrestling III, Urban Freestyle Soccer, and XGRA are released, and Alias, NBA Jam 2004, and Gladiator are unlikely to grace the Nintendo console.

Source: MCV

2. That's a good move if the company wants to stay in business. Don't want to spend money on systems that won't help them turn a profit. That being said, my GC will not miss their games one bit.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

What a crushing loss.

The GameCube's ratio of good games just went up.

4. Originally posted by Jeremy
    That's a good move if the company wants to stay in business. Don't want to spend money on systems that won't help them turn a profit.
    how about they release games that dont suck

might be a better buisness venture
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. My GameCube is dancing.

Dancing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

6. Originally posted by Yoshi
    The GameCube's ratio of good games just went up.

7. Originally posted by Shin Johnpv
    how about they release games that dont suck

might be a better buisness venture
    Exactly.
    An actual creative team could help, too. I don't see the point of hiring people whose creativity reaches its limit at "Hey! This movie/sport/comic would make a great game!" Vexx was quite the breath of fresh air. ...or rather, it could have been, given a decent development cycle.
    I see no loss in their absense from my 'Cube.

8. Re: Acclaim drops GameCube support

Said Acclaim CEO Rod Cousens: "Why are we to develop games for platforms that do not supply appropriate yields? We still support PS2 and Xbox, but Nintendo? No, not in the foreseeable future. ".
    Uh, "appropriate yields"? And this is the new CEO? Talk about no grace under pressure. Acclaim should be focusing on their software, not on talking smack about "platforms that don't supply appropriate yields".

Yeesh. File Ch. 11 and get it the fuck over with already.

9. We contacted Acclaim about the rumor. They say that quotes in the rumor have been taken out of context, and that the publisher is not actually dropping GameCube or GBA support. Rather, in contrast to their former policy of releasing every title on every system, Acclaim will now evaluate each title and decide which system(s) it best fits.

http://www.planetgamecube.com/news.c...n=item&id=4469
    PSN = knarlockk
    Steam= kevinb150

10. It's funny that Nintendo can still make profit even when the doom-sayers say it's the end. Even funnier when those doom-sayers are someone no one really cares about. It's like kicking up trouble just to gain notice; heaven knows they don't get the attention for their games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.