Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Rate Toonami/Adult Swim

1. Let's Rate Toonami/Adult Swim

On a scale of 1-10 how do you rate Toonami? And which show is your favorite:

(I don't remember the one that's on at 5.)
    DBZ
    Yu-Yu-Hakusho
    Rurouni Kenshin.

My rating: for the first hour 0, second hour 8
    Yu-Yu-Hakusho is personally one of my favorite animes, but the manga has so much stuff added I need to get it.

Also let's go ahead and do a rating of Adult Swim, plus your favorite show. I don't know all the shows right now, just my favorite.

Since it's one of the few resources of anime on T.V. it gets a 9, also because it saves me the trouble of buying 50+ series like Inuyasha.

Cowboy Bebop rules by far.

2. None of those look like Space Ghost, the Brak Show, Home Movies, Sealab 2021, Futurama, Harvey Birdman, Family Guy or Aqua Teen Hunger Force to me...

Shows you mentioned: 3/10 (save Bebop, 10/10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. I've really lost intrest in toonami. Around three years ago or so I used to watch every single minute of it, but now it's rare if I even watch it at all.

I'd give the current line up a 5 because it fails to capture my attention, and new absolution/tom are kind of sucky.

As for Adult Swim, everything is good on it, though I've grown so tired of home movies, lupin is weak, and I don't care about that new show.

Futurama is gold and Family Guy is good. Sealab and Aqua Teens have always been nice, I'm happy they dumped Brak for the time being, and Harvey Birdman has been fantastic lately. And as for Bebop, that shit gets a 3, due to constant reshowings, and me watching it over and over again, I've grown tired of it.

Oh, and new black screen and white text theme they're going for is so cheap, yet so damn affective. They should have done this from the start, since it works so damn well.

4. Originally posted by Regus
    Family Guy is gold and Futurama is good.
    Fixed.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

5. Originally posted by Regus
    Oh, and new black screen and white text theme they're going for is so cheap, yet so damn affective. They should have done this from the start, since it works so damn well.
    I totally agree. I love reading those things

I really enjoy the whole Adult Swim five days a week thing. Gives me something to watch at night if I'm bored... but it is competition to that Blind Date show for my watching time

6. I only watch Home Movies (only seen about six episodes, but they've all been fantastic), Family Guy (it's the best when it's on a roll but a lot of the jokes can fall flat), and Futurama (hardly reaches the comic lunacy of Family Guy, none of the deadpan of Home Movies, but the imagination and overall consistency of quality make it on an even level with the rest). The rest is bile: there's anime, so thus, drawn out and heavy-handed, and the rest has the most obnoxious voices and cheap animation (I don't care if that was their intention, it's still idiotic) I've ever seen.

I think that black background/white text thing is alright. I'd say I would much rather prefer they run a commercial, but then I run the risk of seeing something endorsed by Brak.

7. Toonami is kind of dull to me, I only watch Rurouni Kenshin, which is splendid...I watch most of the Adult swim shows. I like the text thing they're doing too, every now and then it gets a little chuckle out of me.
    Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitude...

8. I'm majorly pissed with the Adult Swim programmers right now, due to dropping Trigun after only 1 + 1/2 run-through (after I missed the second half the first time), just so they could bring back The Homoerotic Adventures of Alexandra the Great. Seriously, does ANYONE like that crap? Plus Kikaider's pretty damn meh, Inu Yasha is horribly dubbed, and Lupin's in its third repeat cycle, so the anime block is pretty much worthless until something new comes along (or at least Trigun comes back).

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

9. Well, I dont care about Toonami, and the only show they have now of any interest to me is Kenshin.

As for Adult Swim - Futurama, Family Guy, Cowboy Bebop, Aqua Teens are best choices to watch.

10. The Homoerotic Adventures of Alexandra the Great
    With all the DBZ showings, I'm pretty sure that Homoerotic is in right now at Cartoon Network.