Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac)

1. Saint Seiya (Knights of the Zodiac)

I'm sure some of you have heard of Saint Seiya. It's fast becoming one of my favorite anime series', and that's only after reading the a few chapters of the manga and watching the first 3 eps of the Hades arc OAV. Since it's nigh impossible to aquire the earlier story arcs, of the anime, through my usual means I have turned to eBay. However I'm afraid of getting a crap quality bootleg, I'm okay with getting bootleg DVDs so long as they are decent quality. So I was hoping someone might have had some experience with eBays current offerings of this series.

Also I know that the manga is comprised of three main arcs (Sanctuary, Posiden, and Hades,) but the anime apearently has a forth arc (Asgaurd.) Is anyone here familiar with why this arc was added or if it even is an added arc at all?

2. Ok I’m going to give you probably the most important link ever for those that like to buy the import anime DVDs.

http://import-anime.com/

A friend of mine got the series an is in love with it, I used to watch in a local channel here in PR a long time a go but don't remember shit now so I can’t help you with opinions, sorry

3. Thaks for the link. Doesn't anyone here know anything about Saint Seiya?

4. Just saw that the series was coming to Cartoon Network with a stupid name change . Anyone know who's releasing this stateside?

And for those who want to know if it's any good or not just think of Ronin Warriors but better.

5. My friend is totally into the series. He says it's really popular in Italy. He plans to collect the entire ADV release of the US region 1 DVDs.

6. So it's ADV? That's awesome news. I was afraid it was going to be f.h.e. or some other horrid company.

7. Well, out of the good companies, ADV is second worst to Manga. I thought Pioneer was going to get the rights to this series actually.

At least we're lucky and Viz didn't get it. (IMO, they only make good Manga)

8. And since it's 119 eps (not including Hades Sactuary) and 1 movie, we'll likely see more than 3 eps per DVD then again this is ADV so we'll only get 4 instead. Now I wish Pioneer had gotten the rights too

9. If they do the DVDs for Saint Seiya like Animeigo did for Lum Uresei Yatsura, that would be sweet. (though could result in slightly lower quality)

10. YES YES!

I can't wait

EDIT- There are 3 different company's that will be doing diferent things for the series.

ADV will be the anime, with Knights of the Zodiac with is an edited version wich will be shown at CN. And Saint Seiya wich will be the unedited version.

Viz got the rights for the manga.

And Bandai with the merchandise rights with figures and stuff.