Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Treasure thread

1. Another Treasure thread

Because they`re fun to talk about

Recently I bought Hippa Linda and I must say I like it for what it is. I wish it were a bit harder, the EX levels longer and less empty and a bit more to the stretching principal but I find both fun and hilarious at the same time. The art is beautiful on the box and manual, very Treasure. I haven`t been able to play it too much as i`ve been busy but I can definately tell that with a few more months development it could have been an all time great. Some games I play for a challenge, others just to mong out to but Hippa Linda is perfect for just messing around and having fun. And for Y1500 I really can`t complain. Glad I gave it a try despite all the hate directed at it.

I noticed Hajime no Ippo is being sold here for about $20 so i`m definately giving it go soon. Too bad Wario doesn`t seem to have a Japanese release date :/

So what are you other Treasure fans up to? I know Valgar is training up on Sin and Punishment to reach a crazy high score.

2. Re: Another Treasure thread

One time I fooled myself into thinking that I would get a complete Treasure collection and then I bought Hippa Linda or Stretch panic, it was awful, don't remember if it was 50hz only but god damn it was slow.
    I loved the stage select room though.

So what are you other Treasure fans up to? I know Valgar is training up on Sin and Punishment to reach a crazy high score.
    Well you asked..
    I'm actually thinking of getting a job (never had one) to afford a white shiny saturn and Radiant Silvergun.
    I don't know about the rest who bought the Ikaruga appreciate disc but it seriously made me stop playing the game, I'm still in shock.

oh and Silver translations have updated, go there for some neat stuff that you'll never afford.

3. Re: Re: Another Treasure thread

Originally posted by J2d
    oh and Silver translations have updated, go there for some neat stuff that you'll never afford.
    Can you enlighten me on this "Silver translations" thingie?

4. That Ikaruga DVD is obscene. His stage 3 technique is mesmerising.

5. I recently reacquired Light Crusader, and I still haven't played it. I'm quite confident that I have it just because its Treasure.

Wario World is good stuff, and I recommend it to any fan of the greatest little developer in the world.

I look forward to Dragon Drive, and the release date is sneaking up on us. Gradius V will be fantastic, i'm sure. any US release date?

6. Originally posted by J2d
    Silver Translations
    Thanks although I'm still a little confused about your "stuff you'll never afford" comment.

Originally posted by Kinopio
    I look forward to Dragon Drive, and the release date is sneaking up on us. Gradius V will be fantastic, i'm sure. any US release date?
    EB has a date set in 2004 (Feb-Apr, I can't remember exactly).

7. I'm enjoying Wario World a bunch. It isn't one fo Treasure's best, and it's not really hit-you-over-the-head innovative, but I think that's actually waht I like about it. It's very unique as a 3D platformer, but it never beats you over the head with gimmick. It all feels so naturual. I really wish there were more 3D platformers like this.

So what am I up to on the Treasure front? I got a copy of Rakugaki Showtime last week, and like most people, I initially thought it was kinda neat, and had a cool style, but have grown to appreciate it more as I understand it's depth. With this find I also had a freind help me translate Rakugaki's credits, so I finally have a more complete gameography. Once I beat Wario I should be all set to do some serious updating on SFKosmo. I have some really good pre-treasure gameographis for alot of key staff that I think will suprise alot of people when I put them up.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Gradius V, and sort of hestiantly anticipating Dragon Drive.

8. Re: Re: Another Treasure thread

Originally posted by J2d
    Well you asked..
    I'm actually thinking of getting a job (never had one) to afford a white shiny saturn and Radiant Silvergun.
    I don't know about the rest who bought the Ikaruga appreciate disc but it seriously made me stop playing the game, I'm still in shock.

I'm no shooter fiend, but I'd recommend Silvergun in a heartbeat. I'm liking it more and more each time I pick it up. I finally realized that I opened up slo-mo, so I'm learning more about the game and becoming more familiar with the patterns.

Ikaruga's one hell of a game but I'd say Silvergun is head-and-shoulders better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

9. Never understood the people who don't like Silvergun, as far as I'm concerned it actually is all it's cracked up to be. Someday, I will own it again. Someday...

I got Light Crusader free the other year, my mom picked me up a model 2 Genesis and a pile of games at a yard sale for $10. I forget what else was in the pile but Light Crusader had full box and instrucions and was in decent shape. I'll probably never play it (having been left cold by it due to a rental years ago) but I'm more than happy to get it free.

James