Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ways to tell if a new game has been resealed

1. Originally posted by spacecowboy
    super mario works at a Gamestop(or one of the others owned by them)...I used to work there...such a horrible job.

SC
    Your not joking, I used to be a district manager of two Software etc/Babbages stores, and it sucks...

2. Originally posted by Kidnemo

Your not joking, I used to be a district manager of two Software etc/Babbages stores, and it sucks...
    Hmmmm....I seem to like my job very much, but I can see it sucking if you work with assholes.

My manager is an asshole, but I rarely work with him. So is my DM.
    "If you aren't a bit depressed, then you aren't paying attention to what's going on in the world - Get busy living or get busy dieing."

3. Originally posted by supermario

Hmmmm....I seem to like my job very much, but I can see it sucking if you work with assholes.

My manager is an asshole, but I rarely work with him. So is my DM.
    Retail just starts to suck your soul after you've done it for a couple of years is all...

4. Its pretty simple actually.

Factory plastic wrap is not very elastic, it clings pretty tightly to the package. There are also on the top and bottom of the game little flaps on the side you usually have to peel back to get open.

Re-shrinkwrapped games the plastic is of a different texture, and is somewhat elastic. Also, it uniformly covers the package and there are no little flaps like the factory ones do.

Anyone who's been buying CD game for awhile should know what I'm talking about

For old Nintendo and Super Nintendo games, factory shrinked games have a line running horizontally across the middle of the back of the box. Re-wrapped ones do not. Again, anyone who remembers knows what I'm talking about
    omg TNL epics!

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    Originally posted by Kidnemo
    You can get in to any game that comes in a jewel case without breaking the sticker/seal that holds it closed...
    yes...it IS very easy to play a game a reshrink it....no way to tell.

6. Originally posted by Kidnemo

Retail just starts to suck your soul after you've done it for a couple of years is all...
    I've actually heard that said about retail.

ANY job sucks.
    "If you aren't a bit depressed, then you aren't paying attention to what's going on in the world - Get busy living or get busy dieing."

7. super mario suffers from the same affliction i did, only to a lesser extent. I got canned when a new store manager came along and didn't need someone else's asst., even though i practically ran that store by myself. oh well...c'est la vie.

SC

8. Clerks

As Randal put it:

"This job wold be great if it weren't for the fucking customers."

At least they give you a a good laugh every so often.

Thanks for the pointers guys but some Working Designs games seem to have that elastic wrap like the games on the Spaz label.

Korian