Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boogiepop Phantom - Ultra Edition Box Set

1. Boogiepop Phantom - Ultra Edition Box Set

So I went to Best Buy tonight... always a bad idea.
    I came across Rightstuf's new Boogiepop Phantom - Ultra Edition Box Set (Limited Edition, only available at Best Buy and rightstuf.com). Yeah... so I bought it, despite owning last year's four-disc brick set.

Here's the breakdown of the box set:
    _ Awesome box. Thick cardboard, very sturdy. Black/white/grey colored with some cool designs, such as the butterfly from the series. Box is in two pieces, with the top part sliding off to reveal the sweet, sweet contents.
    _ All four Boogiepop DVDs (12 episodes total), in individual cases. No inserts, but the originals didn't have any either.
    _ Boogiepop Phantom soundtrack (two CDs) with a slip case
    _ Music Inspired by Boogiepop Phantom (one CD) with a slip case
    _ Two double-sided pencil boards
    _ About a dozen Boogiepop cards (like skinny playing cards, with random characters from the Boogiepop series on them)

Price? $52.99
    How is that for a damn good deal?

This is a very limited set, so if you want it, get to a nearby Best Buy soon! Also, the set is $72 at rightstuf.com, but they are almost sold out.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/59956/4/0/0

One of my friends has already said he'd buy my old box set for $30, so I'm basically scoring this set for $25

- Kabuki
    Last edited by kabuki; 02 Sep 2004 at 06:52 PM.

Fucking shit!

Must have!

3. Yea, I scoped out that pretty stylish box at BB the other day... But I still need further convincing for the actual show.

But then again... $50? Just do it.

4. Must purchase...
    Damn not having any time...
    Funny, though... the normal box is $49.99 as it is...

5. Originally posted by Click_Stick
    Yea, I scoped out that pretty stylish box at BB the other day... But I still need further convincing for the actual show.

But then again... $50? Just do it.
    The show is great, a real mind fuck. Plus it gets better with each rewatch
    $50 for 4 DVDs and three music cds is a freaking steal. Just buy it man

6. it's a definite buy. i would have bought it yesterday, but i had other stuff i needed to pick up first. hopefully in a few weeks, hopefully...

7. WHOA. AWESOME.

I was underwhelmed by the brick set because I thought the show (which is one of my favorites) deserved something a bit more...well, special.

And here it is.

Thanks for the post, kabuki, especially the finely described details - although my wallet is whimpering (SHUSH BOY!).

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

8. Sell me on the series. What is it?

9. it is a paranormal serial experiments lain. It follows different character for different episodes,so some things that make very little sense get explained,and become a lot more sinsiter/twisted once you find out what is goign on. it is a particularly creepy, but never outright horror anime,and the soundtrack is a very trippy mix of musical styles that fit the scenes they highlight to a tee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.