Thread: fantasies

raptorgirl Guest

fantasies

Are there any decent lord of the rings/ hobbit games out there for PS2? Or if not, any good old fantasy killing games you know of?

2. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance...Never played it but I heard it was great...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

3. Jae's right, that would be your first logical choice for a fantastic fantasy game. I havn't played it, but I'm pretty sure Eternal Ring is in the fantasy league, but it isn't supposed to be anything above average.
    It's a mirror image!

4. i like gauntlet. it's not really an adventure game, but it has fantasy elements like the typical fantasy characters, magic, and those other stuff that makes up fantasy settings.

5. NEEDS FOOD BADLY!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Like the man said before. Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on PS2 is great. Infact, its awesome. I definetly recommend it. Its easily the best hack n slash game on PS2. Buy that for sure.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

7. Well, I'm currently playing through Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance, and I'd have to say it's darn good indeed. Just when I think the hack/slash-based gameplay was getting a little repetitious, I come across a mild puzzle or platforming bit.

To me, the best aspect of the game (other than the fantastic visuals) is the nostalgia factor, as I was a die-hard D&D player years ago. I can't get enough of those displacer beasts and gelatinous cubes! I also dig how your slain enemies don't disappear: you can retrace your steps and see all the bloody carnage.

Oh, the two-player co-op gives the game a lot more value, plus it's more fun to slay evil with a friend.

I've heard OK comments about Rune: Viking Warlord, but haven't played it.

As you've got a PS2, you've got access to PS1 games as well....the only dungeon crawler that comes to mind is Vagrant Story (which is excellent, better than Dark Alliance even)..can anyone name any others?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

raptorgirl Guest
    Great that's somewhere to start!

Does anyone know anything about the Reign of Fire game? I heard you get to be the humans or the dragon. I gotta be a dragon!

9. Lord of the Rings and D&D made the Fantay world as we know it today, so going with Baldurs Gate: Dark Alliance is as good as your going to get right now, but there is like 6 LotR games on the way, just wait till Fall, you'll be drowning.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!