Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 12 Year Old Sarah Goes Diva

1. Oh! That site. I thought he was talking about Nerv.

2. The site isn't THAT horrible... just too many useless effects. Animation is overrated.

As far as the music goes, I am not impressed sorry to say. I hope she does well with what she has though.
    o_O

3. Quicktime just isn't very good at anything now. Real and Windows Media are better.
    Mmmmm... Windows Media. A technology that only works properly on Windows machines.

But hey, most people are on Windows machines, so screw the rest of us, right?

If you're tossing out QT, toss out Real and Windows Media at the same time. The variations of MPEG are really the only way to go.

Originally posted by 88mph
    All Java is gimmicky and cheap.
    A programming language that can actually run on any platform and doesn't play OS politics! How utterly cheap of a gimmick!

Don't blame Java, blame all of the idiots out there who don't understand when to use it properly.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

You now what I mean...

P.S. Here... get with the times.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5. Originally posted by shidoshi
    Mmmmm... Windows Media. A technology that only works properly on Windows machines.

But hey, most people are on Windows machines, so screw the rest of us, right?

If you're tossing out QT, toss out Real and Windows Media at the same time. The variations of MPEG are really the only way to go.
    Actually, I think Ogg Theora would be a better choice once it matures.

If MS really wanted to ensure Windows Media's place in the market, they'd assemble competent Mac and Linux programming teams to crank out WMPs for each platform with regular updates.

A programming language that can actually run on any platform and doesn't play OS politics! How utterly cheap of a gimmick!

Don't blame Java, blame all of the idiots out there who don't understand when to use it properly.
    I blame both. Java is rather crappy at what it does, although I think that about nearly all Web technologies. I realize it's the implimentation on each platform and that is specific to which company impliments it, but most everything takes up way too many system resources.

6. Originally posted by 88mph
    You now what I mean...

P.S. Here... get with the times.
    Are you kidding? I can't do that. I'm one of the people who started the big fuss over avatar sizes, which eventually got the size limits upped. If I then actually went with a bigger-sized avatar, that would make sense.

I continue to rebel against "The Man" by being "oldschool" with my small avatar!
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Weirdo.

Do you have that shitty picture I submitted for your avatar thing back in the day still?

I deleted my copy on accident.