Thread: Anime Festival Orlando 2003

1. Anime Festival Orlando 2003

http://www.anime.jyu.fi/~fleggett/afo/

So...is anyone from Florida going? I'll be there, and it will be my first anime convention. I have no idea what to expect and I can only think of it as E3 expect you watch anime and run around in costumes. As far as my first cosplay, I'll take it easy and find clothes that match Kazuki Fuse from Jin-Roh. (See avatar )

2. Dude, what about Megacon? They have two anime rooms, and tons of cosplayers and cosplay contests and they sell anime and stuff. It's in Orlando too, if you didn't know. It's at the end of March. I've went the last two years. Icarusfall also goes, but I've yet to see him. I live near Pensacola, so I ain't going to this con, but you should consider going to Megacon next year, I'll probably be going.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Any one go to Jacon, i went, my first anime Con there.

Ill end up going to this one, plus Metrocon in Tampa, Jacon was aswome, I enjoyed it, so im trying to go to as many as i can.

No costum yet...

4. Originally posted by Green
    Dude, what about Megacon? They have two anime rooms, and tons of cosplayers and cosplay contests and they sell anime and stuff. It's in Orlando too, if you didn't know. It's at the end of March. I've went the last two years. Icarusfall also goes, but I've yet to see him. I live near Pensacola, so I ain't going to this con, but you should consider going to Megacon next year, I'll probably be going.
    Actually, I've never heard of it, or I can't recall coming across it. I'll have to go to it next year then.

Out of curiosity, how long is the drive from Pensacola to Orlando? It's about three hours from West Palm Beach to Orlando.

5. About 10 hours It's a long ass drive, but it gives my friends and I some excuse to get together for a while. BTW, Megacon has a very large free gaming section with tournaments also. Last year I sat down and played alot of VF4. They had Puzzle Fighter, CvsSnk2, Steel Battalion, Halo, Smash Bross Melee, and even a Beatmania set going.
    pwned by Ivan

Don't cosplay.

7. Originally posted by 88mph
    Don't cosplay.
    Word.
    pwned by Ivan

8. Even if it is something as basic as this? Even if people don't recognize the character, I'd be walking around in average clothes.

---

Tell me this doesn't look cool.

9. Wear the wolf brigade armour and do the robot. That'd be cool.
    pwned by Ivan

Originally posted by Shinobi128
    Even if it is something as basic as this? Even if people don't recognize the character, I'd be walking around in average clothes.
    You'd still be cosplaying... which would make you a chump.

Only Chux can get away with it.

Originally posted by Shinobi128
    Tell me this doesn't look cool.
    That doesn't look cool.