View Poll Results: Which side have you chosen (or plan to...) ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light (cuz it's the right thing to do.)

31 52.54%
  • Dark (because being sadistic and evil is where it's at!)

20 33.90%
  • A little bit of both (to keep a balance).

6 10.17%
  • Haven't decided.

2 3.39%
Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

1. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Personally I think the battle system sounds like crap, although it could work out in practice. In any case the story and development should make up for that so I am looking forward to this.
    The combat looks like crap too. Here's a 21 minute video of the game.

http://www.xblgamers.com/KOTOR/KOTOR.wmv

The rest of it looks pretty cool though. If it turns out well, I'll probably wait for the PC version, since I've got so many games to finish right now. I'm not a huge Bioware fan, but I'm more than willing to give this game a shot base on what I've seen so far.

2. Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    All around the game looks and sounds wonderful, and like yourself, I herald Black Isle as deserving the most high reguards of any self-respecting RPGer.
    Although Black Isle does have an impressive track record for making good RPGs, they had absolutely nothing to do with KOTOR. Bioware developed the game and they are in no way affiliated with Black Isle/Interplay in any way. They severed ties a couple years ago.

3. I don't like RPGs, and I want this game.

4. Originally posted by Mr_Furious
    Although Black Isle does have an impressive track record for making good RPGs, they had absolutely nothing to do with KOTOR. Bioware developed the game and they are in no way affiliated with Black Isle/Interplay in any way. They severed ties a couple years ago.
    Yeah...I meant Bioware. I realized my slip of the tongue only too late.

Originally posted by Mamoscott
    The combat looks like crap too. Here's a 21 minute video of the game.
    I think the combat looks fine...but I like the PC Baldur's Gates, and it worked the same way for them. I don't know how many PC RPGs you've played, but this will all work fine.

Originally posted by OmniGear
    And nice av, but it's a bit big, no?
    Yes. I'm in the process of fixing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

5. Re: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Originally posted by OmniGear
    Anyways, Bioware has already earned my RPG trust with its fine Baldur's Gate series (and Planescape, too)
    Black Isle made Planescape: Torment, not Bioware.

Anyway, the screens I've seen aren't all that impressive, but I have alot of faith in Bioware.

6. Some highlights from the movie: The Assassin Droid named...(wait for it)...HK-47. I love that tongue-in-cheek humor. And his dialogue is great, too.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

7. Once again, I would have to advise a "wait and see" approach here.

Two points:

1) Star Wars games are EXTREMELY hit-or-miss in terms of quality.

2) Western RPGs are not everyone's cup 'O tea, and some may argue that they are rarely as good as JP ones.

8. I think this is going to be the one.

I put faith in this one, though I am not naive enough to think it is going to be the greatest RPG ever or anything, I acknowledge the potential. I mean think about it story-wise, they have the freedom that other developer's have never had with the story before.

I think the game is going to suprise a lot of naysayers.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Oldham
    Sing a song of Madeleine-Mary
    A tune that all can carry
    Burly says if we don't sing
    Then we won't have anything...

9. Originally posted by Zerodash
    Once again, I would have to advise a "wait and see" approach here.

Two points:

1) Star Wars games are EXTREMELY hit-or-miss in terms of quality.
    As has been pointed out repeatedly, most Star Wars games aren't developed by Bioware. Most people who are interested in the game are already familiar with the company and their games and know what they're getting in to.
    2) Western RPGs are not everyone's cup 'O tea, and some may argue that they are rarely as good as JP ones.
    I would argue the opposite.

10. Originally posted by Saint of Killers
    I would argue the opposite.
    As would I.