View Poll Results: Which side have you chosen (or plan to...) ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light (cuz it's the right thing to do.)

31 52.54%
  • Dark (because being sadistic and evil is where it's at!)

20 33.90%
  • A little bit of both (to keep a balance).

6 10.17%
  • Haven't decided.

2 3.39%
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 6272747576

Thread: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

1. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Swap your non-working disk with the copy you got from BBV.
    I'm not ethically comfortable with doing that.

(not that the thought hadn't crossed my mind)

Slick av, by the way.
    Thank you!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Neither am I, but short of that, there's nothing you can do, excluding buying a new disk.

I've heard some crazy remedies for disk problems: microwaving the disk for 5 seconds; placing it in boiling water for a second; covering the entire underside of the disk with yellow highlighter and then wiping it off; etc, but I seriously doubt any of that crap actually works.

Your best bet is just buying a new disk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    I'm not ethically comfortable with doing that.

Your options are: buy a new copy of the game, get the disc professionally refurbished (there are a ton of places around here that do it, don't know how it is there) or suck it up and screw a multibillion dollar cooperation out of 20 bucks.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. [QUOTE=sleeveboy]

2. How in the holy hell do I get myself through Level 2 of the Star Forge? There are like 50 Dark Jedi running around there. Every time I kill two, three more appear. This is extremely frustrating. I need some help. (BTW, if it helps, I'm playing a Dark Scout/Sentinel, and Bastila and Canderous are in my party.)

QUOTE]
    do either you or bastila have force wave? its a devestating area of effect spell that does good damage and has a good chance of knockback and stun, a sentinal should have the force points needed to pull this off, if you are dark force lightning is nice too since its a multiple target hitter, stasis field is even good, but since you are dark that might be a pit pricey to cast. also, did you specialize in a move? such as power hit or flurry? now is not the time to be throwing default fight commands, if you have any buffs keep them up, and hit as hard as you can. i almost never used canderous but support fire has its benefits, if you have to set it to stopping every turn and make sure canderous is firing on whoever you are swiping at with your lightsaber, he is a gun guy, use it, also dont be afraid to grenade your own teammate, if they have a tough group and you are hurting, throw the thermal detonator, they get back up, and you are darkside anyhow. dont wait till you are nearly dead to heal, if you are dark, you probably have that life-drain move, use it to stay healthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

5. Kill Field. Best Force power ever. It's the only one I used throughout the entire second half of the game. It's silly to use anything else.
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Vegetable
    Kill Field. Best Force power ever. It's the only one I used throughout the entire second half of the game. It's silly to use anything else.
    You mean Death Field, right?

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

But doesn't Force Lightning have an edge damage-wise?

Frostwolf: unfortunately neither I nor Bastila have Force Wave
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Quote Originally Posted by sleeveboy
    You mean Death Field, right?
    Whatever.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome.

But doesn't Force Lightning have an edge damage-wise?
    Yes, but Lightning doesn't refill your health meter. What I usually did was Death Field untill I was out of Force power, all the while Canderous and Bastila would bash face, and then I'd clean up whatever I had too after my Force had been used up.

8. just got to the "plot twist" about the main character, and mt brother spilled it and said there was another (damn him). kinda suprised.....time to finally finsh this game up so i can devote some time to the 2nd.