View Poll Results: Which side have you chosen (or plan to...) ?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Light (cuz it's the right thing to do.)

31 52.54%
  • Dark (because being sadistic and evil is where it's at!)

20 33.90%
  • A little bit of both (to keep a balance).

6 10.17%
  • Haven't decided.

2 3.39%
Page 1 of 76 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

This game comes out in about 3 weeks, so an official thread seems in order.

Anyways, Bioware has already earned my RPG trust with its fine Baldur's Gate series (and Planescape, too), so I have high hopes for this one. These guys certainly know what they're doing.

So...anyone else gonna be there for this monumental moment in gaming history?
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

2. i am dying for this one...it will serve as a nice break from galaxies, i'm sure.
    i am very interested in how whole light/dark decisions affect your appearance and the storyline...

3. I'mma be there release day. I've been craving Star Wars Galaxies for some time now, and I cannot run it due to my compy short comings. This game looks to provide the same immersive gameplay, but with a more solid, coherent story and more beautiful graphics.

I am particularly fond of the setting: The Sith are still strong and numerous, not having implemented that "no more than two" rule they are bound by in the current Star Wars era; the less-organic-more-mechanic look of the machinery, as well as the obvious precursor designs for ships like Tie Fighters and the Millenium Falcon; the ability to choose your own destiny; etc.

All around the game looks and sounds wonderful, and like yourself, I herald Black Isle as deserving the most high reguards of any self-respecting RPGer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

4. I'm getting it. Though Star Wars games have been shitty lately. I hope for the best.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

5. I'm going to have to wait it out, I've got an unplayed Suikoden 3 and Xenosaga sitting right there, telling me that if I buy this they're going to stab me in the testicles
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

6. buying it
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

7. Originally posted by EvilMog007
    I'm getting it. Though Star Wars games have been shitty lately. I hope for the best.
    But those weren't made by Bioware.

Bioware makes good games.

Go Bioware!

CV: I agree about the setting. I'm really glad they chose to cover this time period, as it's one that hasn't been featured in any of the movies. I think it'll work well for the game.

And nice av, but it's a bit big, no?

Originally posted by Andy
    I'm going to have to wait it out, I've got an unplayed Suikoden 3 and Xenosaga sitting right there, telling me that if I buy this they're going to stab me in the testicles
    Ahh yes, Xenosaga can be quite vengeful.

8. Is that release date firm? I have trouble believing this game is almost out.

First XBox game in a long while that interests me, so I hope that date is correct.

9. Nah man. The game got delayed enough. They're not gonna let it happen again.

I'm almost positive you'll be able to play it on July 17th.

10. Personally I think the battle system sounds like crap, although it could work out in practice. In any case the story and development should make up for that so I am looking forward to this.

Although I'm debating how I want to handle this, as the PC version doesn't come out until a couple months after the XBox version. I could buy the XBox version and sell it right before the PC version comes out, although finances might not allow that. Bah.