Thread: Monster Hunter

1. News Monster Hunter

This one seems to be coming along nicely and I'm really looking forward to it. It sounds a bit like PSO but should be pretty interesting.

From Polygon.com:

Capcom recently cemented plans to release their latest network compatible action game for PlayStation 2 entitled "Monster Hunter." Slated to hit Japanese retailers on March 11, the game will challenge players to band together and hunt dinosaur-like monsters online. The finished version will allow groups of 4 players to battle online. A separate Quest mode will feature single player missions with predetermined objectives. For example, early missions require players to kill a certain number of monsters within a time limit.

Some pics:

2. So no one's looking forward to this title?

New pics.

I have been interested in it for a while but if it has a monthly fee, I will likely pass on it though.

4. What about Dinosaur Hunter for the Xbox?
    Time for a change

5. I'd be interested if there was no fee.

Also, can I play an Japanese title online with an import ps2 in the US?

6. Neo, that's true. I'm already paying for PSO (I think Shidoshi and I are the only ones left) and plan to get TFLO. If this has a fee then I'd have to think about it.

7. News Flash! There is no fee. It's also got a single play mode, too.

I'm so getting this on day one. Have you seen the freaking trailer for this game?! I have it on a DVD, and I watch it over, and over, and over, etc.

I'm extremely interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. No fee? Where'd you read that? Tell me!

9. Ah, I totally forget. I know I read it, though. PSM, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

10. looks interesting, no fee you say? might just go for it then,
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.