Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any other shooters like Gaiares?

1. Are there any other shooters like Gaiares?

Are there any other modern 2D shooters out there that has bosses like the ones in Gaiares. You know like the Giant Mermaid, the Amazon robot, the Dragon, etc. I mean bosses that look at least half-sentient rather than completely mechanical in most modern shooters. In most shooters these days the bosses are either giant mechs, giant spaceships, or big tanks.

I haven't played any games with cool bio-mechanical beast bosses since G Darius.
    Right, because if anything validates the existance of a handheld piece of shit, it's taking those shitty handheld games and placing them on a screen big enough so that the inherent flaws of the software is visible to all humans. Including Ray Charles.

2. Try the Parodius series.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

3. Thunder Force 3 and 4. Best shooters ever.

4. I know TF3/4 is famous for bio-mechanical beasties but I was thinking more of modern/newer shooters...like post 1994....
    Right, because if anything validates the existance of a handheld piece of shit, it's taking those shitty handheld games and placing them on a screen big enough so that the inherent flaws of the software is visible to all humans. Including Ray Charles.

5. Wings Of Wor for Genny has some very organic (and gross) bosses.

6. How about Xexex?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

7. Mahou Daisakusen series?

Tsumuji maru is one of the coolest (yet consistently challenging) shmup bosses ever.

Some of the bosses in Cyvern as well.

8. Sengoku Blade and Sol Divide

The Cotton series

9. Super Gradius III on the SNES has one boss that is a huge bubble.

10. Originally posted by Seven Force
    Mahou Daisakusen series?
    Speaking of...

Tsumuji maru is one of the coolest (yet consistently challenging) shmup bosses ever.

Some of the bosses in Cyvern as well.
    What's your take on Cyvern anyhow? Personally I feel that the ships are too slow for some of the more complex firing paterns that you encounter later on in the game. I will admit that the dragons are cool but the game as a whole just doen't grab me like, say, Dimahoo or even Dragon Blaze to a lesser extent.