Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Okay sir, we'll set that up with an easy 30,000 year payment plan...."

1. He can likely file for bankruptcy and erase the fine. At least once he gets outta jail. Once you've been in jail you may as well fuck your credit over too since it won't matter at that point.

2. This is rediculous. he companies never lost any money due to his scheme. He should be tried and convicted of conspiracy, and theft, but this restitution is garbage.

Based on what the companies "would have" lost? That's a crap-ass reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. He's clearly in the wrong here, but the amount of restitution is a bit extreme especially in the case of a projected loss.

If he did succeed, then he would've had the chance to cease and desist. I think companies or groups who represent them (RIAA, MPAA) should be required by law to issue C&D letters before they take any civil or criminal action. That way someone can be told what they are doing is wrong, and have one final chance to knock it off.

Well, it's all about setting the example.

Did anyone ever find out what happened to that girl on the cruise ship that said there were biological weapons on board just because she wanted to be back home with her boyfriend quicker?
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

5. Originally posted by FighterX
    Well, it's all about setting the example.

Did anyone ever find out what happened to that girl on the cruise ship that said there were biological weapons on board just because she wanted to be back home with her boyfriend quicker?
    Oh, that reminds me. I am curious about that case myself. This girl should get what's coming to her, since she did something far more grave. She put the lives of a cruise ship's passengers in potential jeopardy. "Alex, I'll take Inducing Mass Hysteria for $800."