Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contest: My 2nd year anniversary is coming up...

1. Contest: My 2nd year anniversary is coming up...

I'm holding a small contest open to anyone who wants to enter. The rules can be found at my Gift page, which is here:
    http://members.tripod.com/jf.wildcat/id792.htm

Thanks to anyone who enters! Post your entries in this thread.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	omfgtifa.jpg 
Views:	705 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	2701  

3. I'll give you props on the good use of MS Paint.

4. Are you serious? A "contest" to get art from people in celebration of browsing the web for a while?

These sure are strange times.

5. It's actually more for my website being online than for me being online. I did it last year and no one seemed to mind...*shrugs*

6. Originally posted by 88mph
    A strong effort, 88, but you may need to consult some books (check out some other recent threads for recommendations), or get some experience from live models. I notice some inaccuracies in your anatomy, although the overall form delivers the message quite effectively, I think.

Also, you may want to think about the type of backgrounds you paint. You may be trying to achieve some sort of consistency among your works, or perhaps a motif, but it comes off a bit sophmoric, and pundits may think you're simply unable to render much else in the way of environmental imagery. Also, your use of light and digital effects is a bit overt, and some may think you're trying to subplant traditional art means with a more "synthetic world" approach, and I don't think that's your intention.

But I could be way off.

7. I agree with Fury

Now that I think about it, it needs some lens flare...

Originally posted by FuryFox
    A strong effort, 88, but you may need to consult some books (check out some other recent threads for recommendations), or get some experience from live models. I notice some inaccuracies in your anatomy, although the overall form delivers the message quite effectively, I think.

Also, you may want to think about the type of backgrounds you paint. You may be trying to achieve some sort of consistency among your works, or perhaps a motif, but it comes off a bit sophmoric, and pundits may think you're simply unable to render much else in the way of environmental imagery. Also, your use of light and digital effects is a bit overt, and some may think you're trying to subplant traditional art means with a more "synthetic world" approach, and I don't think that's your intention.

But I could be way off.
    Jemery?

10. Originally posted by 88mph
    Omg, they have Thalamide in Midgar?

Christ, I never found that orb...