Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Midway Arcade Treasures

Midway Arcade Treasures

Midway just announced a monster compilation disc called Midway Arcade Treasures for release this fall on Sony PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube, and Microsoft X-Box. It will have the following games on it:

Spy Hunter
    Defender II
    Gauntlet
    Joust
    Paperboy
    Rampage
    Marble Madness
    Robotron: 2084
    Smash TV
    Joust 2
    Bubbles
    RoadBlasters
    Blaster
    Rampart
    Sinistar
    Super Sprint
    720°
    Toobin
    Klax
    SPLAT!
    Satan's Hollow
    Vindicators

GameSpot reported this exciting news tonight, which you can read if you click here. The disc will also include interviews with the creators and developers, as well as multiplayer support for two players. Hopefully, the games that originally supported three or four players will also do so here.

This is one of the most exciting video game announcements of the year for me! I'm looking forward to learning more about it!
    "PSP will elevate portable entertainment out of the handheld gaming ghetto." -- Kaz Hirai

2. HOLY SHIT!!!

Even though I already own some these games on their PSX compelations, I will be buying this one without hesitation.

Oh man, I hope they have new interviews as well!

And please, oh please, give Robotron dual analog support like they did with Smash TV.

Now all I need is for them to realse a compilation with all the Mortal Kombats, Nba Jams, Revolution X, and Total Carnage and I'll be set.

3. If I could push money into my PC monitor to make it spit out the game faster, I would. Dual analog Robotron is going to make me a happy, happy person.

And Sinistar, and Spy Hunter, and Toobin, and...

James

4. this compilation is completely rock. i love nearly every game listed. especially robotron.

Originally posted by Regus
    Now all I need is for them to realse a compilation with all the Mortal Kombats, Nba Jams, Revolution X, and Total Carnage and I'll be set.
    don't forget narc! not the greatest game, but damn that rocket launcher is fun.

Nice, even though almost all of these games came out on Playstation already. Still, Satan's Hollow has never been rereleased before and I look forward to shooting that flying Satan head again.

PS controllers do kick ass at simulating dual sticks as proved by Battlezone and Black Widow in Atari Anniversary Redux.

6. Woo! A perfect version of Smash TV makes this one a must buy, the rest is just icing on the cake.

JM

7. I have just about every compilation for the PSX and Dreamcast, so I'm not so eager to purchase this one. If the price is around $30, I'll defineatly pick it up for the chance to play Satan's Hollow again and the interview extra's.

8. Originally posted by Regus
    HOLY SHIT!!!
    Agreed.

(even though half of those games were made by Atari)
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Despite having many of the games on various other platforms, I'm still excited. Hopefully it'll turn out as good as Activison Anthology.

10. I wish Nintendo would make some damn compilation discs. If they wanted some quick cash just make a disc with the 1st 3 Zeldas on it priced at $29.99. Put in a few extras and BANG instant hit.
    I wish the Konami collection game for PC came out for consoles.
    Contras plus Castlevainas, how sweet was that!?
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle