Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wings of Honneamise to be remastered?

1. Wings of Honneamise to be remastered?

http://anime-tourist.com/article.php?sid=453
    The re-master of Wings of Honneamise is coming out on DVD. It will be a 2 disc set. The first disc will be the original film and the second disc will be a wide screen format. There will be director and voice actor interviews as extras. It should be coming out June 24th for 24.95

Um, June has allready passed. Unless they mean next year...
    pwned by Ivan

I want it. I really like that movie.

Well, I don't know if like is the word. It just feels, I don't know... important somehow.

3. What's the plot?

Its, um... something about space.

Its been a long time since I've seen it.

5. Originally posted by 88mph
    I want it. I really like that movie.

Well, I don't know if like is the word. It just feels, I don't know... important somehow.
    As for importance, well, it launched the career of Gainax, my favorite anime studio. It was also the first anime film that was not a movie version of a tv series or an adaptation of a classic story, WoH proved that an original story could be told by an anime film. Plus, it's a great movie

Originally posted by ShineAqua
    What's the plot?
    It's about man's attempt to launch into space. It's set in a sort of parallel universe, and tons of detail and attention was paid to making the unique cultures. There's lots of political and spiritual themes, but it's mainly about a man finding a purpose to his life, and finding a higher meaning in life. It's really good, right up there with the best anime films of the 80's.
    pwned by Ivan

6. Yeah, I saw that too Green. Manga's not confirmed that date, nor has anyone else.

I haven't bought this on DVD yet, mostly because I knew Gainax already had a remastered version and Manga butchered the domestic DVD and refused to admit it. Now that they've cleaned up their act and actually want to release a good version, I think I'll get it (after waiting for the technical reviews...).

7. Manga is frigging lazy, I guess. The Eva movie dvd didn't even have a damn silkscreen, Wings was butchered, and Giant Robo should've come out 4 years ago. GitS was a great dvd, but wasn't that a partnership with some other dvd company? Cagliostro was good, though.
    pwned by Ivan

8. Originally posted by Green
    Manga is frigging lazy, I guess. The Eva movie dvd didn't even have a damn silkscreen, Wings was butchered, and Giant Robo should've come out 4 years ago. GitS was a great dvd, but wasn't that a partnership with some other dvd company? Cagliostro was good, though.
    They've been getting better. Animeondvd.com actually started looking at their titles again. Read or Die turned out nice.

They had better not screw this up twice in a row. And Gunbuster better be flawless.

Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Manga butchered the domestic DVD and refused to admit it.
    How so?

10. Read the animeondvd review, that goes in depth on the picture quality. Me, I never seen the movie before on laser-disk or tape, so the dvd was allright by me. It looks bad, but not that much to distract me from the movie. I've seen stills of it cleaned up, though, and it looks close to Akira.
    pwned by Ivan