Thread: Review: Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick

1. Review: Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick

Close your eyes and imagine what you would do if you had a chainsaw in place of your right hand, weapons lay littered about to keep your left hand busy, and you had an army of undead fiends to dispatch. Now imagine you were a tough, suave man of action with a wickedly sharp sense of humor and loads of charisma.

Yeah, that second part is a real stretch, I know. But that's why we have video games.

Read our review of Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick.

2. Re: Review: Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick

Originally posted by Nick
    Close your eyes and imagine what you would do if you had a shotgun in place of your right hand...
    *cough*CHAINSAW*cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

3. Somebody hasn't watched their required 100 hours of Ash, have they?
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. For shame! Everyone knows shotgun is Aeolic Greek for "chainsaw." That's what I get for trying to bring some culture to this dive. :p

You could have just quietly PMed me, but I guess that wouldn't have been any fun, eh? At least I didn't call the game "A Fistful of Broomstick."

5. B+?

wow, i heard the game was awful.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

6. Yeah, I heard that too. After I played it and had a great time with it, leaving me wondering who stuck what kind of stick up the collective asses of the reviewing world.

James

7. Originally posted by Nick
    At least I didn't call the game "A Fistful of Broomstick."
    Yes. I suppose you're right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. "If you're a fan of the series, you're probably going to have some fun with this disc. It's not a great game by any means, but at twenty dollars it's easy to forgive a lot of its rough spots. On the other hand, if you aren't the kind of person that has all three movies on DVD and can quote lines from the movies, I doubt you'll find much to like here. It's a pretty inconsistent game with some highs and lows that manages to both satisfy and disappoint at the same time. Ultimately, Evil Dead deserves better than this, but at least it isn't a total washout. 2.5/5" -DacaZ

I think VGD is still selling it for 40 bucks, heh.