Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First IGN, now Gamespot

1. Originally posted by Victrix

Big deal. I only read the site for their pre-release coverage anyway. Reviews all over the place bite.
    LOL! :jest:

You could always right your own and shall "us" how it's done.

2. Brotherman~

Whether or not Gamefaqs runs content that they produce or that their readers produce, it's not the factor that determines cost.

It's bandwidth. The more popular you are, the more you cost.

Personally I believe that GameFaqs will eventually go pay as well (just like us and Gamespot), it's just the nature of the new internet financial model.
    Jeremy Dunham
    Games Editorial Manager, IGN.com
    http://users.ign.com/collection/Makaze-IGN

OK. Let me explain myself. IMO GameFaqs can't go pay without drastically changing their site. Now I haven't read their rules as far as hosting Faqs are concerned. Maybe they reserve the rights to have complete use of anything on their site.

If not however, the writers of the faqs retain the rights to their works and if they disagreed with profit being made from their work they could either have GameFaqs remove the content they contributed or sue them for royalties.

This fact doesn't guarantee that GameFaqs will never go pay, but if it does there will likely be legal reprecussions.

However, I do agree. If cost get too high, they will likely have to come up with a business model to stay afloat. If they do though, then they must plan ahead when it comes to the content they host that they may not directly have rights too.
    Taking it one day at a time.