Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atelier Viorate Quick Impressions

1. Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden
    LOL

Seriously, LOL.

I can't believe you act like you know a lot about games.

This is why I love this very forum. Who's next?

2. Quote Originally Posted by jiji
    There's no official romanization that I can find, but as far as I can tell it's "Violat," which is a Swiss or French name.
    Seems you got it. Thanks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by jiji
    How much of the dialogue is voiced? My Japanese is better when I've got text to listen to as I read it, and I tend to drown in long unvoiced cutscenes...but it sounds like this doesn't have any of those. This might finally be the place where I jump into this series.
    All of the story related dialogue is voiced. Some of the other less important stuff, like things people say when visiting your shop, isn't voiced. You should be all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Recap
    My copy of Iris no Atelier: Eternal Mana has just arrived. Yours? Would like to know I'm not the only person buying this...
    By odd coincidence, I just finished some quick impressions of Iris on another board. I can stick them here as well. Overall, I'm floored by the game. They really created an entirely different game, but still somehow remain faithful to the spirit of the series. And the faries are finally back and not just as lame cameos.

A few people on gamefaqs are already pretty far into the game.

Also, is "Viorate" the correct form to romanize the name? Have you seen that way in something official? Just wondering.
    'Viorate' is how it's written in the game in roman characters. I'm sure they meant Violet, but that's the official name. Some other names are odd like that too.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Quote Originally Posted by Recap
    My copy of Iris no Atelier: Eternal Mana has just arrived. Yours? Would like to know I'm not the only person buying this...
    By odd coincidence, I just finished some quick impressions of Iris on another board. I can stick them here as well. Overall, I'm floored by the game. They really created an entirely different game, but still somehow remain faithful to the spirit of the series. And the faries are finally back and not just as lame cameos.

A few people on gamefaqs are already pretty far into the game.

Also, is "Viorate" the correct form to romanize the name? Have you seen that way in something official? Just wondering.
    'Viorate' is how it's written in the game in roman characters. I'm sure they meant Violet, but that's the official name. Some other names are odd like that too.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2