Thread: G4 brings gaming back to its roots

1. G4 brings gaming back to its roots

Once a PONG, Always a PONG!

As previously announced on TNL, G4 TV Network will be giving 24 hours of gaming dedicated to the world of electronic games, which debuts April 24th.

Their first segment is none other than, Pong. G4 is the first network to capture the excitement and worldwide popularity of video, computer, online and wireless games launches with PONG, the 1972 game that ignited today's $9 billion video game industry.

G4's all-PONG line-up will run 24 hours a day. Programs include sports specials such as "Wimblepong" and the "U.S. O-Pong of Golf," with game shows "The Weakest Pong" and "Pong Factor" also premiering. Nature shows and documentaries feature "National Pongographic Explorer" and "This Old Pong." In addition, G4 will run feature films, including "Pong Wars: Episode 2" and "King Pong."

No, it doesn't end here...the network will air the breakthrough "Six Pong Under," "PR" and "The West Pong." Fitness programming includes "Pong-Bo" and "Poga," with music shows "Behind the Pong" and "Total Request Pong" chiming in on the schedule. "P-Span" will keep viewers up to date on breaking Pong news, and lead hard-core Pong addicts into the wee hours with "The Late Late Pong" and "Adult Cinepong."

Following Pong, on April 30 G4 will premiere its original programming, featuring 13 weekly series that focus on lifestyle, entertainment, news and information for video gamers. Shows highlighting the latest about electronic games include "what's hot" previews, "making of" documentaries, competitions, news, events, game tips, reviews, celebrity players and more.

At home my parents have Dish Network. I hope I'll be able to see it there after the semester ends.
    Taking it one day at a time.

3. Pong

4. I wonder if it will be available through digital cable as well?

5. damit i wanna watch pong
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

6. I hope this is a joke.

If not, I truly feel for the people who have been assigned to the task of making 24 hours of Pong interesting.

7. Yeah, it's a joke. They're just showing Pong instead of a test-pattern until they get the channel up and running.

8. No G4 for me...

4/29/02
    Dear Damian,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the addition of G4 Network to the Time Warner Communications channel line up.

Time Warner Communications is proud to offer a broad array of programming services to its customers. Over 170 channels of programming are available, which covers almost every interest segment. We conduct consumer surveys and other forms of research on a regular basis to determine the needs and interests of our customers in an attempt to add those services which have the broadest appeal, strong technical and programming quality, and are affordable.

At this time, our channel capacity is fully utilized with limitations on the number of new services that can be added. Over the next several years, we will be expanding that capability, which will provide opportunities for many new services, including G4 Network.

We will keep your request on file for making future programming decisions. Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we appreciate and value our customer's feedback.

Sincerely,

Lisa Burke
    Marketing Coordinator
    Booo Time Warner!

9. Time Warner has 2 channels dedicated to the YES network (at least in NYC they do) and they can't find a spot for G4 ? it also doesn't help that they recycle channels a few dozen times. some channels aren't even represented as well, so there's at least one channel they can use to fill up one of those empty slots with.

Booo Time Warner!
    indeed.

10. over the next several years?

within that next several years, i might not want to watch that channel, wont be alive to watch it [god forbids if anything happens], or too busy to watch

channel capacity is full? full my arse...get rid of them extra channels such as the 5 HBOs, 4 Cinemax, 3 TMCs, and all them nonsense channels