Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SNK Anime- Art of Fighting

Originally posted by CynicalSphere
    IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, DO NOT WATCH THE AOF ANIME!!!!!
    Originally posted by Korian
    Hmm that bad?
    YES.

Originally posted by Roufuss
    Would you say worse then the Tekken anime?
    MUCH worse.

- no special moves are done from the game; I thought I saw Ryo do a HienShippuKyaku on Jack, but I was mistaken
    - Todo is a detective
    - the voices suck
    - no Micky, Lee, or Mr. Karate
    - the plot SUCKED - if Robert is so rich, why does Ryo have to chase a cat to get money for a light bill?

On a good note, Robert was the best character in the movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

2. Fatal Fury (1-3) > Street Fighter Alpha > Samurai Spirits 2 (Japan only) > everything else.

As far as I'm concerned, the WORST fighting game anime is a tie between Toshinden and Art of Fighting...

3. Gowcaizer anime actually was thought of first and the game was built around it. Still doesn't change the fact that the anime was terrible though.

The second Samurai Spirits OAV is great. Makes up for the terrible first one. Fatal Fury is at least decent, though the only thing the movie had going for it was Mai's nipples. Darkstalkers OAVs are also decent, though would have been better with a plot instead of vinettes.

Fighting games don't usually make a good transition because there are too many characters and not enough plot. Rival Schools would have made a good anime series since the plot is simple, but it works.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Originally posted by Zerodash
    Fatal Fury (1-3) > Street Fighter Alpha > Samurai Spirits 2 (Japan only) > everything else.
    I have yet to see SS2, but it has to be better than Alpha (unless it has an annoying brat like Shun in it).

Originally posted by Zerodash
    Fatal Fury (1-3) > Street Fighter Alpha > Samurai Spirits 2 (Japan only) > everything else.

As far as I'm concerned, the WORST fighting game anime is a tie between Toshinden and Art of Fighting...
    I have to see SS2 also, but your order is right. Don't forget to put Street Fighter 2: TAM ahead of Fatal Fury
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

6. I'm longing to see a King of Fighters anime, but if it hasn't happened by now, I don't think it'll ever happen.

And oh, FF: The Movie > Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bloodyarts
    I'm longing to see a King of Fighters anime, but if it hasn't happened by now, I don't think it'll ever happen.
    Why ?! The fact is that it would SUCK... if nothing else, that there are waaaay too many characters and too many storylines that don't mix well with each other...

In any case, I'm surprised no one's mentioned the decent Darkstalkers anime...

8. "Why are you so upset? Is it because your father threw you off that cliff?"
    lmfao. Now pay attention, kiddies. THAT is how to script.
    BTFJ

9. Quote Originally Posted by negitoro
    Why ?! The fact is that it would SUCK... if nothing else, that there are waaaay too many characters and too many storylines that don't mix well with each other...

In any case, I'm surprised no one's mentioned the decent Darkstalkers anime...
    Bah, that never stopped Street Fighter 2: The Animated Movie from being made. A KOF anime wouldn't have to include all 50+ characters (exaggeration), but I think a semi-competent script featuring Rugal setting up the tourney could be fun. Be sure to include appearances from some of the KOF roster, even if they're not actually fighting.

Isn't there a KOF manga? I remember reading it had a great storyline, developed some old characters and had blazing action. They can adapt that for the anime.

I suppose I really just want to see Ralf kick ass in anime splendor.

Darkstalkers was okay, but by the third ep I was longing for it to be over.