Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: #$@%!^* Windows'98

Or just use a up to date version, and stop trying to be l33t.

2. Originally posted by slystaff
    98 will run fine as long as your not doing destructive shit to it, by its nature you cant leave it running 24/7 without it getting bogged down.
    Usually this isn't the problem. The problem is long term use of Win98, not leaving the machine on.

Keep it clean, turn off all the animated garbage, keep the crap out of the start up folder and clean within msconfig and everything is gravy.
    I always kept my computer clean, however, Win98 would just get bogged down from the fact that I have too many files on my hard drive. This is what I meant by Win98 being a timebomb. Unless you use a computer only to browse the web and check e-mail, Win98 will eventually choke from being unable to manage all your files and applications.
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

3. Upgrade allready...

4. Originally posted by 88mph
    Using a newer version of windows would be the better idea, particularly for those that cant maintain there OS.

What the fuck are you talking about, trying to be l33t?
    Get in where you fit in fool..

Using old technology for the sake of using it.

Me calling someone "l33t" (or 1337, or what have you) is the same thing as calling them a stupid asshole.

6. Originally posted by JMET
    Upgrade allready...
    If you are referring to me, I've updated to XP for 2 years already. This is about my prior experiences with Windows 98. Lord, I'd go crazy if I still had 98 now...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia

7. Originally posted by 88mph
    Using old technology for the sake of using it.

Me calling someone "l33t" (or 1337, or what have you) is the same thing as calling them a stupid asshole.
    I know what leet means, just wasnt sure if you were directing it at me and if so why.

I dont run it anymore myself but for those who's machine specs wont handle xp or 2k they need to take certain steps to keep things running smoothly and it will if you know whats up..
    Get in where you fit in fool..

My old computer was on '98 and was fucked up royally, like you wouldn't believe (probably from all those pr0n sites).

I installed XP, and it found and installed EVERY SINGLE component in my comp. Even my COM port, which had long ago mysteriously conked out, is working again (hello, DexDrive!).

XP is like a miracle. And it's running pretty damn well on my old ass P2 400. I was shocked and amazed, let me tell you.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. I've been using Mandrake Linux for a few weeks now. I would say its even a little more stable than XP, it hasn't crashed once since I installed it. I am quite impressed
    To understand man, walk it shoe on other foots.

10. Originally posted by 88mph
    What's up man, you haven't made with the newbie pic yet. Are you okay?