Thread: Robot Carnival coming to R1 DVD

1. Robot Carnival coming to R1 DVD

This is great news!

Taken from the animeondvd.com forums, this news came out of Sakura-Con 2003 awhile back but seems to have been overlooked by myself and others:

"STA also confirmed they have licenses for Sci-Fi Harry and Robot Carnival. Work on these will not begin until Jo Jo is out the door. Plans are work on Sci-Fi Harry to begin before the end of the year. For Robot Carnival, plans currently are to use the old Streamline dub."

www.supertechnoarts.com - the group behind the project.

Is the old Streamline dub any good?

- Kabuki

2. going through the site, it would seem about right for STA to release Robot Carnival, if they're only releasing titles from that one animation studio. and if you read the faq, they mention that there's also a sequel being planned. but to wait until after JoJo is finished? that could take forever if they plan to concentrate on one title at a time.

still, it's good news and hopefully they'll look to bring it out before anything else. and i've never seen RC, but with all streamline dubs, the work is either pretty good or pretty bad.

also, ADV has Neo-Tokyo.

3. I seen it a long time ago on Sci-fi channel, so I can't give a good opinion about it. I remember really liking the opening, the time-lapse weather bit, and the action sequence with the robots chasing the guy later on. I'm looking forward to it.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Re: Robot Carnival coming to R1 DVD

Originally posted by kabuki
    Is the old Streamline dub any good?
    There isn't any dialog so umm yeah the dub is on par with the original .

5. There is dialogue in a few of the pieces. The one with the "knight in white horse" and the one with the wooden robot come to mind.

Originally posted by Ashen Victor

...but to wait until after JoJo is finished? that could take forever if they plan to concentrate on one title at a time...
    http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,2..._bizarre_.html
    http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,2..._bizarre_.html

Looks like Jojo is 13 episodes total. I'm guessing a 4 disc release, so if STA gets a nice tight schedule going, we could see Robot Carnival by early to mid 2004

6. Originally posted by kabuki
    Looks like Jojo is 13 episodes total. I'm guessing a 4 disc release, so if STA gets a nice tight schedule going, we could see Robot Carnival by early to mid 2004
    You're a hell of a lot more forgiving than I am. That's an inexcusably long time for a translation.

7. The bits of dialogue that were there were dubbed okay. Kind of flat like most early anime dubs, but nothing awful.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2