View Poll Results: Is this fanart good or bad?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • good.

10 76.92%
  • bad.

4 30.77%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final update: PSO fanart

1. Final update: PSO fanart

heres two of my characters from PSO(GC). Im eventualy gonna make a group pic but I still need to draw at least one more character.

for now heres FB-loki my lv 65 FOmar:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lokidrawing.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	2905  

2. mordecai

my recently erased by my own dumb-ass lvl. 120 HUcaseal Mordecai:

Name:	robotdrawing.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	2906  

3. I wanna know who voted that it was "bad"!

id appreciate your criticism...as I am a poor judge of my own works. I like these though and I wont hold it against you if you don't, promise.

comments welcome or next time I'll give more descriptive poll options.

4. They're some nice pieces. The coloring job fits the style pretty well, too. There are little errors here and there, though, but that's always the case with anyone. What method do use to draw these? I'd probably pencil out a loose "stick-figure" first, and proportion your torso, head, limbs, and place all the joints before fleshing out the figures. Obviously, you can play with the proportion to make the characters look a bit more "cartoony"; it's just a step to make sure you have everything where it needs to be before adding hard lines.

Both characters seem to be floating a bit in front of the backgrounds, too. You might want to add a shadow or something along the ground to tie it in a bit.

Keep posting, looks good.

5. thanks!

yep thats more or less what ill do whenever I draw a figure. although right now i tend to rely more on the gesture of the the stick figures than the details of the anatomy, which in this case changed quite a bit from the time I had it in stick figure form and when I started to solidify the forms (using a ball and cone method).

as for those pesky mistakes yeah these are a far cry from perfection, but I wont lose sleep over it. I have my own criticisms of them that Ill keep to myself. But I do like to hear other peoples thoughts and critiques so make your comments and votes, I do appreciate it! (positive or negative)

also..Id like to hear what people think of the backgrounds?

I cant tell if they look half-assed or not. Im not in the habit of using bg and this is sort of a new area for me.

Fury-are there other ways to avoid the floating effect? drop shadows are a good idea and ill incorporate that but one thing that contributes to that is how the thick lines I use on the outlines make the characters seem more 2 dimensional.

6. I would have voted for an "okay" vote but since thre is only "good" or "bad" i chose "good since your work is not "bad".
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

7. sato mag

heres a sato mag im planning on using for the mordecai drawing (above):

Name:	sato.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	3265  

8. RAmar Porkins

my lvl.41 RAmar a work most definately in progress...the legs are more realistically proportioned than the last two which is one of the many alterations Ill have to make to this before I can ink it

...please keep in mind this is nowhere near finished....just wanted to post some more art for the community.

Name:	ramar.gif 
Views:	221 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	3266  

9. I like how you draw hands. They look like action figures....or Lego guys....or something. Me likey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. loki, you've definitely shown improvement since I've last seen your art. post more often bro