Thread: Samurai X: The Motion Picture

1. Samurai X: The Motion Picture

I finaly picked this up to day and was looking real forward to watching this. I'm a huge fan of Rurouni Kenshin adn was glad to see that ADV went with the same animation style as the TV series. I was a little dissapointed they didn't use the same voice actors, but after a minute or 2 I didn't really notice the difference. I love the animation style of Rurouni Kenshin and this movie doesn't fail in pulling it off perfectly. The story also fits in very well with the TV show and shouldn't dissapoint anyone. If you like the TV series or just the OVA's, you need this movie.

2. ... What the hell are you talking about? Of course it fits in with the TV show, it's not like it was made by some third party.

As for me, I thought it was pretty boring. But then again I haven't watched it in a while.

3. Meh, I liked the 4 part OAV better than the series. The series is wonderfully animated but it's too comic considering the source material of the OAV.

4. I like OVAs more than the series or the movie. I found their dramatic style more to my liking than sometimes silly antics of the tv show, and the action was much better drawn.

Movie has better animation, but still closer to the tv show in the spirit or mood than to OVAs.

5. The second arc is the best, better than the OVA's despite it having better animation. If you haven't seen it yet I recommend you hop to it and prepare for action galore.

D

6. I'm with D on this one as well. I didn't think anything could ever top the OVAs and then I saw the second arc... good lord. It's one of my favorite arcs in any show I've seen. It has some great fights and drama. That reminds me to buy it at Otakon.

I got to see the movie too. I enjoyed it myself after the second watching, but not as much as the Series (haven't seen the OVA's yet). Didn't the motion picture come out before the series, and isn't the series handled by a different company. That might explain the different voices if you're talking about the dub.
    Taking it one day at a time.