Thread: Anyone ever ordered from AnimeNation?

1. Anyone ever ordered from AnimeNation?

I plan on ordering stuff from there. Game music CDs, actually, not Anime, but animenation.com is the only place that carries the soundtrack I want other than gamemusic.com (which have outrageous prices, both on the items and the s&h), I can't even find it on eBay...

Anyway, I have some concerns. On their info page it says,
    Canadian orders may incur additional customs fees, which UPS will attempt to collect at the time of delivery. We cannot estimate or collect these fees in advance.
    which really worries me. A few years ago a friend from the US sent me, as a gift, a bunch of video games in one package, which had a total worth of about $300 if I recall correctly. When UPS came to my door, they told me I had to pay a fee of $105 CAD to accept the package! I could not afford that at all at the time, and didn't pay and they were forced to return the package. Especially strange considering it was marked as a gift (which it was).

Anyway, when I read that passage in the FAQ I had flashbacks of that episode a few years ago, so I got worried. Is there anyone from Canada here that ordered stuff from AnimeNation, and if so, what is your experience, did you have to pay any extra customs crap, what was the shipping rate, etc?
    Because even if it's less expensive than Gamemusic.com, if I end up paying more due to customs I'll just order from GM. GM seems affiliated with Amazon.com and I don't know of anyone who experienced custom problems with them, so that should be safe at least.

I asked on their own board, but didn't really get much replies, so I thought I'd ask here.

2. Maybe you should ask some of the Canadian members of the board if they've had anything similiar happen to them. I think there's a Canada thread in Sound Off.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Which soundtrack are you trying to get a hold of?

4. Thanks Green, seems to have worked
    solidus - the Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG Memorial album. The full album, not the mini with 18 tracks. It seems that only AnimeNation and Gamemusic have it...

5. You could try cdjapan. Their shipping rates might be a little up there but, they're reliable.

6. I considered them, but it would probably cost more shipping and it would take longer, plus I doubt the customs problems will be avoided...