Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G4 TV Update *NEW VIDEOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!*....good lord, this is not pretty.

1. G4 TV Update *NEW VIDEOS AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD!*....good lord, this is not pretty.

Here's some info taken off of their forums:

Who has G4 right now (April 24th)?

Comcast Digital and Insight Digital have committed 3 million subscribers to G4. If you do not have either of these cable systems (EVEN if you have DirecTV or Dish Network) you DO NOT have G4.

I don't have Comcast or Insight - Why do I not have G4?

This is NOT G4's fault - your cable provider needs to recieve the stream for G4. If they feel it is a "waste" because of a lack of interest they will not buy the stream. That is the case with G4 - your cable provider does not believe the market is large enough for them to spend the money to add G4 to their lineup.

They're stupid! How do I change their mind?

Call them and DEMAND G4. Explain that it's a network devoted to computer and video games owned by Comcast that launched April 24th.

They never heard of G4! I'm screwed!

No, you're not. The first level sales people who are paid minimum wage are reading off of a script - G4 is not on their script. You can inform them of the network and that you want to voice your opinion, and ask them how the best way is to do that. If you want to talk to a manager, go for it.

Okay, but I have Comcast Digital. Where is G4?

It should be on Channel 138. Now, if you don't have it now, don't worry. You'll get it. Comcast has said that some of their digital subscribers have it now, some will have it May 1st, and the rest will have it May 31st. Yes, that last date sucks.

I have G4 but all I see is PONG!? WTF?

Welcome to the All Pong Network! Seriously, (and I'll probably get in trouble for saying this) - it's a test feed. Most networks run those annoying color bars with a low tone. G4 decided to be creative (and get some publicity at the same time) by running Pong 24/7. It's also for those people who have the channel who don't come to this website to get curious when flipping through the dial.

When do the real programs start?

I've heard both April 30th and May 1st - I don't know for sure.
    This blows, apparently I have to subscribe to Digital Cable to get it.

Man, I want Dish Network to pick this up.
    Taking it one day at a time.

3. Originally posted by Brotherman
    Man, I want Dish Network to pick this up.
    Ditto
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

4. i wish they would bring it to cable [time warner]

5. i've got digital cable (time warner) so i should check this out in a little bit.

just checked, didn't see a channel for it. but i do get 2 channels of the YES network which i won't be watching anytime soon (not a yankees fan).

6. DirecTV had BETTER be carrying this, so many useless channels I never watch, yet this channel, and the International channel where they play original Japanese-language uncut DBZ episodes, I never have the privelage of watching. Ugh
    omg TNL epics!

7. I don't see what you're complaining about, you get quality programming like: Hallmark Channel, Shop at Home, ShopNBC, Trinity Broadcasting Network, Word Network, and Worldlink TV. What more could you possibly need?

8. I hope it starts on the 30th, I keep seeing commercials on Comcast with GC Mario Kart.

They keep touting it as a channel for real gamers, but I wonder what their perception of that is. I hope it's not a 24 hour Electric Playground.

9. I've got Comcast Digital cable, bbut no G4 yet. Though I have a feeling the channel will suck anyway. The following link states that the target demographic is young adults..... When will people realize that not all gamers are still in their diapers.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/0...nel/index.html

10. I get TechTV and Discover Science, TechTV airs Extended Play which is a great show but too short, and the co-host left the show (Maybe she's been hired by G4?) and Electric Playground is O.K., Tommy Talirico is funny.