Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Discussion about stricter Moderation

1. Discussion about stricter Moderation

I figured since this has been a touchy subject lately, there shoud be a thread here, since this is the propper place to talk about it.

This isn't here to bitch & whine or yell & scream. We all know what the problems are, this is just here for your voice to be heard, either for or against stricter moderation. We are the one's that are going to be affected by this, so we should voice our opinions in one place so it can be seen by the people who need to see it.

Actually, you guys don't even need to get much stricter, just hold everyone to the same standards, be more dilligent in enforcing the rules we already have & maybe appoint one or two more mods, since Burg seems to be getting streched kind of thin.

JM

Having an updated set of guidelines would be nice too.

3. I don't really see a problem with our current moderation. Did I miss something?

4. Yes, you did.

We do need updated guidelines and I agree about the consistency of the moderating as well.

5. Originally posted by 88mph
    Having an updated set of guidelines would be nice too.
    Not having "Eat Shit" as a custom status, an obnoxious quote in your signature that got a poster banned, "Banging out your sister" as your location and having half your posts as "STFU newbie" really should be obvious.

6. I'd like to see both updated guidelines and a more consistent moderation of enforcement.

I don't agree with cencorship but people really do need to be more friendly to each other on these boards. People should be able to post their expressions on the TNL boards freely just as long as it's not attacking another individual.

I don't see anything wrong with voicing your extreme disappointment (translation: anger) about any topic but don't resort to name calling or personal attacks at your fellow posters.

That would be good for starters. Oh, and I also think we should be nicer to noobs here. I am guilty of the "TNL initiation" once or twice but am lucky the victims had tough skin and endured. I might've felt a little guilty if they left because of me, not knowing they could've offered something positive to the community.

7. Ctrl-C from a certain FC thread:

I love me some TNL, and I love me some TNL forums.

Only thing I'd change on the forum side would be more/stricter moderation. I really feel that it's inconssistent and we need a lot more of it. At first you'll have people bitching about the mod gestapo, but after that settles down I think the community will be better for it.

I understand that a lot of the newbie hazing people feel is neccesary, but I think it's counter-produtive to the boards, and it is already giving TNL a reputation of "hardcore game snobs" (which I've heard more than once from people that aren't members here).

8. I don't think the current board rules need too much editing. I think the main problem is that #3 under the text guidelines hasn't been enforced to everyone's satisfaction.

The other problem is that the rules haven't been prominently linked on the boards for months. Of course, most of them are common sense and we are very flexible, but I guess there are always people that push and push to see what they can get away with, even when they know it's obnoxious.

Originally posted by Sidez
    Not having "Eat Shit" as a custom status, an obnoxious quote in your signature that got a poster banned, "Banging out your sister" as your location and having half your posts as "STFU newbie" really should be obvious.
    You opinion actually means less than nothing to me.
    But thanks for the input.

P.S.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stfunewbie.jpg 
Views:	875 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	2971  

10. I don't really think stricter moderation is needed as long as mods don't play favorites with their moderating.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan